General Chat

Stevo985

I know the VT section has always been a lot more, let's say.. welcoming to all sorts.. than the Off Topic section.

But lately, I feel like someone has been into the local loony bin and told them about a new forum they should check out.

Half of the discussions in there lately are similar to the discussions I have with my 1-year-old. "But why?"... "okay, but why?"... "care to explain?"... "oh yeah, but why?" :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This pisses me off and cheers me up in equal measures... 

Due to the way maternity pay works here (she'll get 67% of her salary) my and the wife have changed our tax codes, as a result I get paid 400€ more she gets paid 300€ less

She is fuming :lol:

I've already transferred her 350€ and tried to explain the benefit but she can't see past the bottom line of her payslip being less, it's blowing her mind, proper stomping round slamming stuff, she'll storm off to bed by 8pm and stick something German on knowing I can't watch it, PlayStation night for me

• Like 1

Friends birthday yesterday and went go karting. Haven't done it for 20 years. It was **** great fun. Two runs at 20 mins each also gives me a renewed respect for professional racing drivers. Focusing on nailing the corners and gripping the wheel at full pelt was knackering, but exhilarating. Had a quibble with their metric for determining the winner,.deciding it on fastest individual lap instead of average pace / number of laps but hey ho. 

Then discovered a new bar that had escape rooms, two bowling lanes, and old arcades. I now know I am shit at space invaders 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Friends birthday yesterday and went go karting. Haven't done it for 20 years. It was **** great fun. Two runs at 20 mins each also gives me a renewed respect for professional racing drivers. Focusing on nailing the corners and gripping the wheel at full pelt was knackering, but exhilarating. Had a quibble with their metric for determining the winner,.deciding it on fastest individual lap instead of average pace / number of laps but hey ho. 

Then discovered a new bar that had escape rooms, two bowling lanes, and old arcades. I now know I am shit at space invaders 

You’ll be sore tomorrow from the karting. I’ve done it couple of times in the last year and both times my back was killing next day.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

You’ll be sore tomorrow from the karting. I’ve done it couple of times in the last year and both times my back was killing next day.

Yeah, felt it in the arms this morning!

If anyone is thinking of saving some money this is a good deal via Quidco

Link

Save £50 a month and get £180 cashback. Penalty for pulling out within 5 years is £50 so could even do it after cashback is paid and be £130 up (assuming investment doesn’t go sour).

I am going to be vague here in the hope someone can assist. I am looking for the name of a woman, possibly a dame, that used to wear very very colourful African style clothing but to my eyes she was white. She was ousted from some children's charity and her name was something like badmangelish. Any takers to help me with her real name. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I am going to be vague here in the hope someone can assist. I am looking for the name of a woman, possibly a dame, that used to wear very very colourful African style clothing but to my eyes she was white. She was ousted from some children's charity and her name was something like badmangelish. Any takers to help me with her real name. 

Camila Batmanghelidjh

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Thank you. Now I can see what happened to the crazy bat. 

What did happen to her? Didn't her charity pocket a huge grant one week and shut down the next?

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

What did happen to her? Didn't her charity pocket a huge grant one week and shut down the next?

That's it. Got huge money from the government and the kids appeared to be living like pimps. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

That's it. Got huge money from the government and the kids appeared to be living like pimps. 

Opened a breakfast club for kids a few weeks later iirc

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Brazilian Ronaldo had a **** laser of a shot didn't he?

He'd been as great as Messi and CR7 Ronaldo if he hadn't suffered all these injuries.

1 hour ago, sne said:

He'd been as great as Messi and CR7 Ronaldo if he hadn't suffered all these injuries.

He just roped those goals in. He was a split second ahead of everyone else on the pitch. Phenomenal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He just roped those goals in. He was a split second ahead of everyone else on the pitch. Phenomenal.

He had everything. People talk about Messi being amazing but lacking the physicality of CR7.

And CR7 having all of that but lacking the finesse and intricacy of Messi.

Ronaldo had all of that. He was both of them rolled into one. Like @sne said, if it wasn't for injuries I think he'd be labelled as the best of all time.

• Like 1

Â