General Chat

Stevo985

1 minute ago, Xann said:

Prostate club?

It's the new craze.

No problems so far. I just assume that at this stage of life things are more likely to get worse than get better. 

A long story, which I'll try to make short:

I've just bought a house that happens to have a driveway at the back, with a gate leading onto a private road. Two doors down from me there is a small patch of land adjacent to mine and my neighbour's gardens which looks almost abandoned. I've since found out from a neighbour that the abandoned land is where someone was planning to build a bungalow, however residents in the area have appealed and the application has been withdrawn.

Yesterday I received a letter through my door, from the management company of the private road, which I assume a number of houses on my road have also received. The letter clarifies that the application to build a residence had been withdrawn, and then goes on to advise that only the 20 houses in the private road have legal right of access from their property to the road. The letter goes on to say the houses in my road that have gates at the back have been allowed to keep their gates as a gesture of goodwill, because they want to keep the peace etc etc. However, from my house purchase I have a Deed of Grant document from 2005 which says that the management company of the road have granted my property access to use the gate, giving me joint access and right like all other parties.

I've found myself spending the morning googling bloody property law, trying to find out whether my Deed of Grant is still valid etc etc. The Deed seems to refer to an amount of £60k, which has left me wondering whether this was the amount that the previous owner may have paid to have the access to his property. I'm guessing I'll need to contact this management company now to clear this up. It seems fairly immaterial, as I'm not planning to build at the back of my garden any time soon, but I also don't want them thinking that they're doing me a favour by allowing me to keep this gate, when I seem to have documentation that says I have legal right of access. (Unless there is a Deed of Release that I've not been given). With inflation, I suppose I could just tell them that £120,000 is a sufficient amount to release the Deed of Grant :rolleyes::lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

A long story, which I'll try to make short:

Basically, I've pitched up on some park land and now the council are saying they're gonna block the entrance :rolleyes::lol:

• Haha 2

On 02/05/2018 at 10:23, mjmooney said:

No problems so far. I just assume that at this stage of life things are more likely to get worse than get better. 

Lost my virginity this week. Got the rectal exam due to possible prostatitis. My farts are a good fifth lower now.

13 hours ago, BillyShears said:

Lost my virginity this week. Got the rectal exam due to possible prostatitis. My farts are a good fifth lower now.

When the doctor had to finger me, he asked me to lower my trousers and pants and lay down. As I lowered them he did a double take at my bits.

I still don't know what caught his attention, but looking back it might be because I took them off by his desk and then walked over to the bed rather than taking them off when I got to the bed.

And when I say bed, I mean a medical type one. We weren't in his bedroom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

When the doctor had to finger me, he asked me to lower my trousers and pants and lay down. As I lowered them he did a double take at my bits.

I still don't know what caught his attention, but looking back it might be because I took them off by his desk and then walked over to the bed rather than taking them off when I got to the bed.

And when I say bed, I mean a medical type one. We weren't in his bedroom.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Ugh, I mean this in a non aggressive manner chaps but why can’t people just stfu now and again. It’s not an official day, it’s not a bank holiday, it’s just the SW fans coming together to have a bit of fun and celebrate what they are passionate about. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it doesn’t mean it always has to be heard though. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Ugh, I mean this in a non aggressive manner chaps but why can’t people just stfu now and again. It’s not an official day, it’s not a bank holiday, it’s just the SW fans coming together to have a bit of fun and celebrate what they are passionate about. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it doesn’t mean it always has to be heard though. 

Hype what you love.

Bit of a strange one, been seeing somebody for a little while and she called me today to say she had been to the docs and had tested + for pregnant. Problem is, the doctor is concerned and sends her straight for a scan. Anyway, I go with her (cut work short) and they give her an internal scan which shows something there but they cannot be sure if it is an ingoing or outgoing pregnancy as it's early (they measured it as 6 weeks and 1 day) so we have to go back on the 15th to see if there is growth. Doctor didn't seem to confident. Just feels a bit odd, she's really cut up about it.

Not sure what to think, we both feel in limbo and kind of sad about it.

• Sad 3

Â