General Chat

Stevo985

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nope its a non faulter with the added bonus of it being a rental too (so will be insured)

Though, it's worth pointing out that insurers still often increase premiums due to claims that are the other party's fault.

Some bollocks about people being involved in any accident (even one that's not their fault) making them more likely to be in another one.

Any excuse, the thieves. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

Though, it's worth pointing out that insurers still often increase premiums due to claims that are the other party's fault.

Some bollocks about people being involved in any accident (even one that's not their fault) making them more likely to be in another one.

Any excuse, the thieves. 

Never known my insurance to go up after a non faulter and I have taxi insurance

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Never known my insurance to go up after a non faulter and I have taxi insurance

It seems I was wrong about 'often'. It does happen but doesn't seem to be the norm. 

Admiral definitely do, mine went up 30% after someone hit me and acknowledged blame. I'm obviously not with Admiral anymore. 

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/apr/16/no-fault-claims-car-insurance-aa

As if someone crashing into the back of your car isn't annoying enough, finding that you are being charged almost a third more for car insurance as result is likely to provoke road rage in even the calmest of motorists. A mystery shopping exercise by the AA found that drivers who declared they had previously made one no-fault claim on their cover were quoted 30% higher premiums by a small number of insurers, while those with two no-fault claims to declare were typically charged between 10% and 50% more than those with none.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Any excuse, the thieves. 

This happened to me bicks. Until the claim was settled which took 2 years I still had to click the box if any accidents in last 5 years despite liability or fault. It's still went up about £50.

It's bollox

Couldn't think where best to Post this - ive 2 decent tickets for the Waterboys at Warwick Arts Centre for this coming Sunday if anyone can use them (family health issue looks like stopping us going)

(Ive now put this in the concert thread cheers @Designer1).........didn't spot that thread before I posted ..

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Couldn't think where best to Post this - ive 2 decent tickets for the Waterboys at Warwick Arts Centre for this coming Sunday if anyone can use them (family health issue looks like stopping us going)

Might be worth putting this in the Concert/gig thread too mate :thumb:

• Like 1

Just clicking in here and landed on (last visited...) the Star Wars May 4th discussions :)

I think "The 4th of May be with you" would be great as one of those 'slightly wrong' t-shirts that were doing the rounds a year or so back :D 

1787133_rss.png1818622_rss.png1771245_rss.png1765855_rss.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had nothing better to do earlier so watched a bit of the Who Wants to be a Millionaire reboot.

**** hell. I remember watching it as a kid and generally people seemed to do alright. But... Good grief. Either the population has markedly got dumber or they've picked idiots. The first guy on had to ask the audience in the first couple of questions about the phrase to show anger being 'to vent your' what?

On the plus side Clarkson is actually quite good as host. He has the right tone of cynical and sarcastic (and actually took the piss out of that first contestant, who appeared in fairness to have the general knowledge capability of a fruitfly), and has the right tone of not actually knowing much more than the average person.

But **** me. It's shocking how bad the contestants are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

I had nothing better to do earlier so watched a bit of the Who Wants to be a Millionaire reboot.

**** hell. I remember watching it as a kid and generally people seemed to do alright. But... Good grief. Either the population has markedly got dumber or they've picked idiots. The first guy on had to ask the audience in the first couple of questions about the phrase to show anger being 'to vent your' what?

On the plus side Clarkson is actually quite good as host. He has the right tone of cynical and sarcastic (and actually took the piss out of that first contestant, who appeared in fairness to have the general knowledge capability of a fruitfly), and has the right tone of not actually knowing much more than the average person.

But **** me. It's shocking how bad the contestants are.

I didn't see it but I heard the same thing about the contestants.

I wonder if it's gone down the route that a lot of shows do (not usually quiz shows though...) of trying to attract viewers by having funny (funny as in so crap they're funny) contestants rather than actually get people who would do well.

On 08/05/2018 at 18:48, Genie said:

On my way from work tonight some guy took me from behind on the motorway. Traffic had stopped, I stopped, he stopped a bit to late after hitting my bumper.

He was in a hire car, we exchanged numbers and I have his address, name and reg.

Do I wait for them (Enterprise) to call me? It’s scuffed the paint off my bumper, dented it and damaged a bit of the plastic trim on it (snapped the clips). 

Anything I should be doing or avoiding?

He seemed to accept responsibility for it (not really any other options). He said something about the car having a strange stop start system which caused the crash...

Everyone else has given you proper advice, but on his line, as someone who rents cars occasionally, I do find that you get all the newfangled ways of starting cars, as they give you the new cars to drive, so each time I pick up a new one, there's something weird, including stop start buttons for ignitions, button hand brakes or confusing dashboards. Always takes me a while to get used to them, though I'd be making sure I was confident enough with it before driving on a motorway :D

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't see it but I heard the same thing about the contestants.

I wonder if it's gone down the route that a lot of shows do (not usually quiz shows though...) of trying to attract viewers by having funny (funny as in so crap they're funny) contestants rather than actually get people who would do well.

That's the thing. If they'd got the kinda whacky/so stupid it's amazing they got dressed that morning type of contestant it'd make sense. But these seemed to be going for the average guy off the street style, because the first idiot was so painfully dull you'd never have chosen him for a laugh.

I was actually shocked how bad they were. It's not like the questions were even that hard. The first guy gave up at the first genuinely awkward question. The second went out on a grand having used a 50:50 on a gag question.

• Like 1

I’d say an alien could land from Mars go on that show and come away with £32k 

anyone getting less than that amount should be sterilised in case they create offspring and Idiocracy becomes a documentary rather    than a Hollywood movie 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

anyone getting less than that amount should be sterilised in case they create offspring and Idiocracy becomes a documentary rather    than a Hollywood movie 

Aren't we almost at Idiocracy levels? Have you seen who's the President of the U.S?

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’d say an alien could land from Mars go on that show and come away with £32k 

As long as the Alien dosn't choose to call a freind,  it will take ages.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

As long as the Alien dosn't choose to call a freind,  it will take ages.

If Hollywood has taught us anything then when they aren’t giving anal probes to people Aliens always make friends with humans ... least the sort that appear on quiz shows would ... who  knows maybe the friendship is a result of the anal probe 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rodders said:

Everyone else has given you proper advice, but on his line, as someone who rents cars occasionally, I do find that you get all the newfangled ways of starting cars, as they give you the new cars to drive, so each time I pick up a new one, there's something weird, including stop start buttons for ignitions, button hand brakes or confusing dashboards. Always takes me a while to get used to them, though I'd be making sure I was confident enough with it before driving on a motorway :D

I called Wednesday morning to inform them of the accident and they logged it and said someone from claims team will call me before lunch.

No call, I called them in the afternoon and they said it wasn’t setup yet and they’d call Thursday morning... no call at all yesterday.

I just called again and their phone lines don’t open until 2pm... idiots.

20 hours ago, Chindie said:

Bingo

Â