General Chat

Stevo985

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I think he's frustrated at the banality of modern culture where someone can create vapid, insubstantial, meaningless commentary and vast swaths of the general population react positively, venerating the trite.

yeah that but i cant escape the financial element of it either, stupid stuff like that is making her money, blows my mind and does my swede at the same time

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I’m team laurel. I can’t begin to even understand how this could be heard as yanny.

Yanny for me

If I try really hard then I can hear Laurel. But it always goes back to Yanny after.

I was laurel definitely, then I was yanny, now I’m back to laurel again.

A vase or two faces, I have no idea. Thankfully Edgar Rubin wasn’t a prominent youtuber, or we wouldn’t get anything done.

39C754CE-B9B4-4BAE-8387-91F24E378DBC.jpeg

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's yanny and I have no idea how anyone can hear laurel. So there. 

I can only conclude that this is an experiment that involves two different sound clips. Somehow, you get to hear one and others get a different one. Your certainty that it is yanny convinces me that that is what you have been played. Whereas I am equally sure that I was played laurel. No way could I hear it as anything remotely approaching yanny. Definitely some sort of fix. 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I can only conclude that this is an experiment that involves two different sound clips. Somehow, you get to hear one and others get a different one. Your certainty that it is yanny convinces me that that is what you have been played. Whereas I am equally sure that I was played laurel. No way could I hear it as anything remotely approaching yanny. Definitely some sort of fix. 

It's not a fix. There's basically both sounds being played at different frequencies at the same time. Your hearing ability, and the device you listen on, will affect what you actually hear.

Yanny is at the higher pitch. If you can't hear that pitch for whatever reason, you'll hear Laurel. If you can, you'll either hear Yanny, or a weird mix of both.

Personally I hear Yanny. I would guess that there's almost certainly an age thing at play.

41 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's not a fix. There's basically both sounds being played at different frequencies at the same time. Your hearing ability, and the device you listen on, will affect what you actually hear.

Yanny is at the higher pitch. If you can't hear that pitch for whatever reason, you'll hear Laurel. If you can, you'll either hear Yanny, or a weird mix of both.

Personally I hear Yanny. I would guess that there's almost certainly an age thing at play.

Ah, that makes sense. My upper frequency hearing is pretty shot - age, plus too much loud music when young, I suspect. 

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Ah, that makes sense. My upper frequency hearing is pretty shot - age, plus too much loud music when young, I suspect. 

Ditto, also my tinnitus kicks in from time to time... however, the very first time I played it, I heard Yanny, every other single time I heard Laurel. To be clear the first time  and the second time were on the same machine and the second time was the recurring loop after the first instance

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ditto, also my tinnitus kicks in from time to time... however, the very first time I played it, I heard Yanny, every other single time I heard Laurel. To be clear the first time  and the second time were on the same machine and the second time was the recurring loop after the first instance

Exactly the same for me. 

Tetrachromacy is possessing 4 types of cone in the eye, an addition to red, green and blue.

There are people wandering about having a slightly more psychedelic experience than the rest of us.

It is in the gene pool but not common. The way the chromosomes stack up it's more prevalent in women.

Most will have lived their whole lives without realising they could communicate in secrecy with goldfish.

Some pikey scum smashed my passenger window to steal my stereo last night. Noticed it today when we were about to go out. Useless clearings in the woods managed to break part of the stereo while stealing it making it an wasted effort on their part. 

Awkward bastards had to do it on my last day off. 

3 minutes ago, V01 said:

Some pikey scum smashed my passenger window to steal my stereo last night. Noticed it today when we were about to go out. Useless clearings in the woods managed to break part of the stereo while stealing it making it an wasted effort on their part. 

Awkward bastards had to do it on my last day off. 

Christ, who steals car radios stereos now? Its like going back to the 90's! 

I remember having to cary my Pioneer 'face off' stereo with me when I parked up in town. Mind you, it was more valuable then the car it was in! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Christ, who steals car radios stereos now? Its like going back to the 90's! 

I remember having to cary my Pioneer 'face off' stereo with me when I parked up in town. Mind you, it was more valuable then the car it was in! 

Was just thinking this. They are more or less worthless these days, people us their phones via Bluetooth or aux cables. What a clown

Â