General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm going to be meeting one you guys for the first time in the next few days.

You don't know who you are and you don't know when it'll be, but one you is going to bump into someone with a big yellow face and sunglasses.

But how will we recognise you?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I do love Keith Fit from Gigglebiz.

Watch and learn, bairns, watch and learn. 

Gigglebiz is basically The Fast Show for kids. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Sitting at the hospital waiting for my wife. We were so excited as she had a positive pregnancy test about eight weeks ago. Sadly it had stopped growing and there was no heartbeat on the ultra sound. So now she has to have a "D & C" which is basically taking out what was there to avoid the risk of infection.

I'm naturally disappointed, but it was heart wrenching to see her so upset. That's far worse than my sadness about what could have been. She's an amazing woman and I'm heartbroken for her.

Mate that's gutting news. Hugs to you all across the oceans.

I had a friend last year who went through a similar experience with an early miscarriage and when he told me about it I told him about a few of our own experiences of chemical pregnancies and so on.' Important to remember it's fairly common it doesn't necessarily have any bearing on the future (I obviously don't know your situation and hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but generally). But it's an amazingly emotional time. Be there for her mate. I know it sounds weird but in both my mates case and mine it made our individual relationships stronger in the long run as sharing the burden of adversity often can. And it's one of those horrible times when 'problem solving man' who has all the best intentions of riding in on a big white steed and saving the day can only really stand by and watch.

Cwtch her good boyo as they might say over here in the valleys. My heart goes out to you both.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Sitting at the hospital waiting for my wife. We were so excited as she had a positive pregnancy test about eight weeks ago. Sadly it had stopped growing and there was no heartbeat on the ultra sound. So now she has to have a "D & C" which is basically taking out what was there to avoid the risk of infection.

I'm naturally disappointed, but it was heart wrenching to see her so upset. That's far worse than my sadness about what could have been. She's an amazing woman and I'm heartbroken for her.

Man that's heartbreaking. I hope you're both ok soon mate. 

• Like 1

Thanks fella's - Still waiting. I saw her before they took her to "holding" (pre-op) she's just bored and hungry and too tired too be anxious. (Been here since 11am - nearly 3pm now)

We had talked a lot about this as early term miscarriages are so very common. We almost had a "well if that happens to us we'll be fine" attitude because we knew how common it is. But this week has been really hard for her and very hard for me to see her like that.

Even at 8 weeks you've started talking about names, thinking what's gonna happen. I immediately started measuring the eat in kitchen area to make a baby room (space is at a premium in NYC.) I imagined all the 2x4's I would be chopping - I was ready to get my dad mode in full gear.

One of the 1st things I did was buy a load of baby stuff from the Villa store and have it sent over. That made her smile but it feels a bit stupid now.... Anyway - wittering on - At least the hospital waiting room has wi-fi so I can browse VT  :thumb:

Â