General Chat

Stevo985

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Steal someone's phone.

Correct answer and absolutely no comeback. I agree with Rds1983. Also, you might get some homemade snatch in the gallery if you're lucky.

30 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Correct answer and absolutely no comeback. I agree with Rds1983. Also, you might get some homemade snatch in the gallery if you're lucky.

I hope you don't find my old Nokia N70. I had albums of low res photos of vadge that i'd received via MMS from my early online dating days. 

Halcyon days. 

• Haha 1

On 10/05/2024 at 02:30, fightoffyour said:

What kind of lunatic doesn't put their phone in their right (front) pocket?

The only place for a phone is the cell phone pocket.

spacer.png

Those of you who keep it anywhere else are at best Neanderthals.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

spacer.png

It may be practical but you’ll never get laid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

It may be practical but you’ll never get laid

That may be, but it would have nothing to do with where I carry my phone!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, il_serpente said:

spacer.png

What lanyard do you use for your house keys and office pass card?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

What lanyard do you use for your house keys and office pass card?

Keys:  Front left pocket

Office pass card:   What's that?   I'm retired.

Wallet:   Back pocket.   Front pocket would interfrere with my majestic walking stride.

Pretty much alll my non-dress pants in the past 10 years or so have been from Kuhl.   All have at least one cell phone pocket and some have 2.   Phone in one and reading glasses in the other.  Unobstructed walking, or galloping if I'm fleeing law enforcement, as is often the case.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I hate lanyards and keep my security passes in my shirt pocket. 

Edited by sidcow

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I’ve never had to wear one, if I did, I imagine I would wear it where I have to and remove it once I’m out of that place. I get the impression some people just forget them (which is fine), but some people see them as some sort of badge of honour. Oh this? Yes this gives me the high level security clearance required to access the staff canteen at the Vroom Insurance call centre.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve never had to wear one, if I did, I imagine I would wear it where I have to and remove it once I’m out of that place. I get the impression some people just forget them (which is fine), but some people see them as some sort of badge of honour. Oh this? Yes this gives me the high level security clearance required to access the staff canteen at the Vroom Insurance call centre.

Can't even used the frigging building lifts in our place without one. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't even used the frigging building lifts in our place without one. 

That’s the delight of working for a small business. We’ve hidden a key outside for when someone forgets their key.

One of the issues around the Netflix programme ‘Baby Reindeer’ appears to be that at the start they state it is a true story. Yet, when I watch ‘Fargo’ that will always start by stating it’s a true story, which it clearly isn’t.

Personally, I would never presume something on Netflix was ‘true’. Equally, I wouldn’t be happy if something was about me, but contained lies. They didn’t name the alleged stalker in BR, but a woman has come forward and said it was her and disputed facts. In that she hadn’t been named it feels like this gets quite murky.

I’m not sure how they navigate through something like this.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

One of the issues around the Netflix programme ‘Baby Reindeer’ appears to be that at the start they state it is a true story. Yet, when I watch ‘Fargo’ that will always start by stating it’s a true story, which it clearly isn’t.

Personally, I would never presume something on Netflix was ‘true’. Equally, I wouldn’t be happy if something was about me, but contained lies. They didn’t name the alleged stalker in BR, but a woman has come forward and said it was her and disputed facts. In that she hadn’t been named it feels like this gets quite murky.

I’m not sure how they navigate through something like this.

I believe the term used is "jigsaw identification", a bunch of people who know considerably more than me think she has a decent case.

While she did identify herself, she only did this when people started contacting her. They made barely any effort to disguise her identity, they changed her name and that was it.

Same profession, same part of town, a similar appearance, references to other true news events in the public domain, and the real smoking gun was exactly the same jokes "hang my curtains" and the same nickname that were both easily found in public messages.

She was identified within hours of the show being released.

The TV producer's identity is widely known as well because they did a similarly poor job there.

• Like 1

We've been out tonight to an event called Pint of Science

Pint of Science is an annual worldwide science festival which brings researchers to your local pub/cafe/space to share their scientific discoveries with you - no prior knowledge required.

Never heard of it before but apparently is been going for quite a few years now. Sadly if you’re interested, you'll have to wait until next year as it’s mostly over now but I’d thoroughly recommend having a look at it and seeing if anything interests you. General format is you get three talks of about 20 mins each, and a quiz which you do on your phone. We had a couple of physics ones and one on the future of AI in the legal profession and that one was really interesting (the other two were too) and was probably the main selling point for us to go to this one. Not bad for a fiver. There seemed to be lots of them in Birmingham (still up on the website so you can see what you missed) and there were plenty all over the country and indeed all over the world (26 countries I total I think)

You should look out for them next May, quite a good stimulating cheap night out.

• Like 1

Science? That's been discredited, as just what Bill Gates and Biden want the sheeple to believe. Put your trust in The Bible. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

They didn’t name the alleged stalker in BR, but a woman has come forward and said it was her and disputed facts. In that she hadn’t been named it feels like this gets quite murky.

I only made it through the first 20 minutes. I couldn't bear the awkwardness of it.

Apparently (source - random tweets) she was interviewed by Piers Morgan this week and she contradicted herself throughout the interview. One minute she never sent him even one letter, the next it's a few letters. All very sad. 

1 minute ago, choffer said:

I only made it through the first 20 minutes. I couldn't bear the awkwardness of it.

Apparently (source - random tweets) she was interviewed by Piers Morgan this week and she contradicted herself throughout the interview. One minute she never sent him even one letter, the next it's a few letters. All very sad. 

Ah yes, Piers Morgan spotting some shit and getting his snout right in there. I listened to an interview where he was asked if he felt he potentially exploited someone with mental health issues. He said he didn’t think she had any mental health issues as she came across as very confident.

25 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ah yes, Piers Morgan spotting some shit and getting his snout right in there. I listened to an interview where he was asked if he felt he potentially exploited someone with mental health issues. He said he didn’t think she had any mental health issues as she came across as very confident.

Complete fantasist who people find unsettling, over-fixates on people, etc etc. 

On 15/05/2024 at 07:55, sidcow said:

At our place we absolutely have to wear a lanyard. It's an absolute non negotiable part of working here

(and I hate it)

Â