General Chat

Stevo985

5 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

That's what it's there for.

You also wouldn't be wasting anyone's time @Chindie if you rocked up at A+E with breathing difficulties. It's not like you've scratched your knee.

If in doubt, check it out!

I mean, I probably wouldn't either but I'd be wrong. One day I might not live to regret it.

missed off the look after yourself and hope youre ok bit there though I feel Chindie!

Nothing worse than being told what to do by a bunch of well meaning fools especially when you're feeling shit and even more so if you're me :)

• Like 1

Well we all know ourselves, what feels right, what feels out of the ordinary.

I had a friend who was a bit wheezy and didn't want to bother anyone or go the doctors. His mum went round, made him a cup of tea n that. I went round, took one look at him, drove him up A+E and it turned out he had a pneumothorax or hole in the lung. Because of that, "I don't want to be a bother" always strikes a chord in me and provokes a reaction.

Not that I'm trying to either worry or diagnose Chindie here but you'll see where I'm coming from.

The missus thinks I should go to see someone. The ache in my leg started in my calf out of nowhere a couple of days ago and it's now spread to my thigh. Hurts a little to walk.

My chest and heart aches a little. And keep going hot and cold and have a headache (but I've not really drank much today).

I'll call 111 in a bit. The missus is going nuts.

58 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The missus thinks I should go to see someone. The ache in my leg started in my calf out of nowhere a couple of days ago and it's now spread to my thigh. Hurts a little to walk.

My chest and heart aches a little. And keep going hot and cold and have a headache (but I've not really drank much today).

She's a good 'un then, us chaps are remarkably difficult to get to the doctor's etc, sometimes you need someone else to tell you. 

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Good shout and hope all goes well!

I’m not one for leaderboard charts and counting likes etc but happened to look at today’s count and i’m being pipped by three posters i’ve given multiple likes to today..... 

goddamit, shooting myself in the foot! :(;) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I’m not one for leaderboard charts and counting likes etc but happened to look at today’s count and i’m being pipped by three posters i’ve given multiple likes to today..... 

goddamit, shooting myself in the foot! :(;) 

I'll give you a like for that tomorrow  :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That sounds very similar to what my dad was saying a few months back @Chindie. He’s in his 60s, but he’s still fairly healthy. He’s a semi-retired builder, and him and my mom always go on walks. A few months back it got to the point where he couldn’t walk more than one road without getting out of breath, having a racing heart & having to stop for a short rest. It turned out that he had an irregular heart beat. He got given tablets to change the thickness of his blood to help the blood flow properly, and was told to not do any strenuous exercise at all. He eventually had to go in for an operation where they stopped and restarted his heart to get it beating properly again. It sounds horrible, but apparently it’s really common, and one of my dad’s mates has had it done about 9 times. My dad is much better now, to the point that his heart rate has gone in the opposite direction, so the doctors have ordered him to do exercise three times a week to get his heart racing.

Get it checked out, because you never know with the heart. Hopefully it’s nothing or you get a fairly routine solution like my dad did. If you call 111, I’d almost guarantee they’ll tell you to go to A&E because it’s the heart. An annoying place to wait on a Saturday night but at least you’ll get an answer of sorts within a few hours (or more).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Get it checked out, because you never know with the heart. Hopefully it’s nothing or you get a fairly routine solution like my dad did. If you call 111, I’d almost guarantee they’ll tell you to go to A&E because it’s the heart. An annoying place to wait on a Saturday night but at least you’ll get an answer of sorts within a few hours (or more).

Important to add, you won't have to wait in a and e if it's a chest complaint.   They prioritise and with that complaint you'd see a Dr in minutes.

56 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Important to add, you won't have to wait in a and e if it's a chest complaint.   They prioritise and with that complaint you'd see a Dr in minutes.

You’d think so wouldn’t you? I had to wait over an hour when I went in with chest pains last year. If there are others with chest pains in front of you then you’ll still obviously wait.

• Sad 1

On 03/03/2018 at 09:18, Rugeley Villa said:

When did it first hit you that you were old? Time don't half creep up on you, I must admit. Time definitely goes quicker, the older you get. 

I realised I was old when my brother pointed out Mario 64 came out over 20 years ago last week. Oh dear I’m an old man!!

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I realised I was old when my brother pointed out Mario 64 came out over 20 years ago last week. Oh dear I’m an old man!!

I find that there's a bit of an acid test about our perception of the magic 'twenty years' period. If you think that it's a very long time, you're probably still 'young'. 

I remember in the mid 1960s, my parents talking about the Second World War - which was then twenty years earlier. In my mind, that was deep, deep history, so much so that I assumed their memories of it must have been pretty faded and indistinct. For a long while thereafter 'twenty years' was my benchmark for 'a very long time'. 

My perception now is completely different. Twenty years ago is 1998 - which feels so recent to me, as to be still to all intents and purposes 'the present day'. Which makes me now realise how recent the War still must have felt to my parents in the 60s. 

I sometimes meet up with friends I haven't seen for thirty or even forty years, and - after a few moments of adjustment - it still feels pretty recent. 

Time is weird. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Chindie said:

hoping the call went well and everything is ok   ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I didn't call last night.

I'm about to. The leg ache had mostly gone but I'm insanely out of breath and heart feels like I ran a marathon yesterday.

Please make sure you do so this time. Better to be safe.

• Like 2

Â