General Chat

Stevo985

5 minutes ago, Dick said:

Oh I have. I liked the page to keep an eye on it, as I saw a few posts from people I know - saying it was a page made by a bully. About 2 weeks after liking it (I wanted to see what was happening) I got a message from the lady who was stalked, she warned me it was him and I unliked. It’s popular though, thousands of people have liked it. People love a bit of social media bullying.. ‘banter’

Facebook, inst twitter etc is dangerous in terms of getting a stalker. you can have  debate with someone turns a bit nasty and they could just create  a fake profile of you and create havoc. 

i was part of a EFL banter group but there are so many clowns on there i left. its bets just not to get into groups of that kind of banter. i dont see how anyone can think telling someone to kill themselves as "banter" 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Facebook, inst twitter etc is dangerous in terms of getting a stalker. you can have  debate with someone turns a bit nasty and they could just create  a fake profile of you and create havoc. 

i was part of a EFL banter group but there are so many clowns on there i left. its bets just not to get into groups of that kind of banter. i dont see how anyone can think telling someone to kill themselves as "banter" 

Banter is cool, we have it on here. But there are people who think banter is a one sided and aggressive tool to get a laugh. Real banter is the sort we see on here - your spelling, One member’s love of Small Heath women up the wrong’un, the sort where I know if somebody took offence it would stop - but it is mostly light hearted and two sided. But those who use banter as an excuse to upset and think it’s fine if they shout BANTER, is pathetic.

I know I am a clearing in the woods on here and I expect my Villatalk comrades to tell me that, and often ;) 

• Like 1

Regardless of what was said to Carragher, he still chose to spit at someone about football

Both of them are **** morons, but spitting is absolutely horrendous.  Do I want him sacked?  Like I care, I don't have sky and fast forward any talking bits between games. 

But yes, arse holes are on the increase, because people need to become more extreme in the way they get likes on social media.  I honestly think it's some peoples ambition to get something to go viral on the internet.  And those people are attention seeking saddo's. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Regardless of what was said to Carragher, he still chose to spit at someone about football

Both of them are **** morons, but spitting is absolutely horrendous.  Do I want him sacked?  Like I care, I don't have sky and fast forward any talking bits between games. 

But yes, arse holes are on the increase, because people need to become more extreme in the way they get likes on social media.  I honestly think it's some peoples ambition to get something to go viral on the internet.  And those people are attention seeking saddo's. 

Agreed, people bait for likes. He rose to it the pillock.

**** weird shit is happening in my house today. 3 things have fallen off the same shelf, completely separately, an hour or so apart this afternoon, my letter box flicked open just now with nobody putting anything through or waiting for the door to open, the phone fell off a table and a shelf in one of the kitchen cupboards collapsed. Bizarre.

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

**** weird shit is happening in my house today. 3 things have fallen off the same shelf, completely separately, an hour or so apart this afternoon, my letter box flicked open just now with nobody putting anything through or waiting for the door to open, the phone fell off a table and a shelf in one of the kitchen cupboards collapsed. Bizarre.

Mate, honestly. Try not to sleep tonight. I am saying this because I care. Stay awake all night, it is the only way.

18 hours ago, Chindie said:

I had the same letter box thing happen yesterday. Weird I thought. Then 10 minutes later a picture fell off the wall. Then it happened again another 10 - 15 minutes later.

40 minutes ago, blandy said:

I had the same letter box thing happen yesterday. Weird I thought. Then 10 minutes later a picture fell off the wall. Then it happened again another 10 - 15 minutes later.

. . . and to think people on this site mock the existence of ghosts, when here we've got all the solid proof we need. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Chindie said:

House aids

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . and to think people on this site mock the existence of ghosts, when here we've got all the solid proof we need. 

"mock"? If someone is going to make the claim that unexplained things are caused by ghosts, they first need to prove that ghosts exist to be the cause. Otherwise the only justified position is "I don't know what caused it".

:mrgreen: 

6 minutes ago, limpid said:

"mock"? If someone is going to make the claim that unexplained things are caused by ghosts, they first need to prove that ghosts exist to be the cause. Otherwise the only justified position is "I don't know what caused it".

:mrgreen: 

It was a joke...

So anyone marking St Patrick’s day in any way?

I’ve dragged myself through the snow to the local and can hear that some of the locals are imaginatively playing the pogues on the juke box in the bar. Although Otis Redding is now playing.

If I get drunk enough I may try and put on “Raglan Road” and stumble my way through it.

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

Yes.

In a traditional Irish way, I'm getting shitfaced without touching a drop of Guinness. :)

Apparently Guinness is such an aspirational brand that people will actually pretend to like it. 

If as many people actually drank it as they say they do in market research the sales would be something like double what they really are. 

People are weird.

On 16/03/2018 at 18:27, Chindie said:

They're here. 

Â