General Chat

Stevo985

I've just received a parking fine from Premier Park of £100, £60 if paid within 14 days. It was outside the Solihull Ice Rink, is there anyway around this or have I just got to cough it up and pay?

Me and a friend were playing Snooker at Rileys, got there at 10.30am only to be told it opens at 11am (the website says 10.30am) and that caused me to go over my time by 27 minutes. I'm not sure if this would have any relevance in addition to the parking fine I got though.. (probably none)

29 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Feels like it's one of those stories that has a lot more to it than is being revealed.  I don't condone spitting.  It's rank.  Let's get that out of the way first.

A few questions though -

1. Was it really just banter?  Or was it "banter" - the modern phrase for behaving like an arsehole and the other person 'just can't take a joke'.
  2. If it was just gentle ribbing, why was the father - who should've been concentrating on driving, especially with a young girl in the passenger seat - filming it?
  3. Carragher will have had some ferocious abuse from opposition supporters down the years.  What must have been said for him to react like that?
  4. Do we really believe the spit was intended for the girl, or was it the general direction of the vehicle?
  5. If it was intended for the girl, who on Earth is able to spit so powerfully that they can get it from one moving vehicle through the window of another?
  6. Why is football (and seemingly broader society) so infested with bell ends that one man is able to be so antagonistic it provokes another one to spit at him?
  7. Banter?  Is it a word, and indeed an activity, exclusively for words removed?
  8. If so, what does that suggest in regards to question 1, and the victim suggesting it was "just banter"?

I would very much like answers to all of these questions. Sadly we almost certainly won't get any. 

42 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I've just received a parking fine from Premier Park of £100, £60 if paid within 14 days. It was outside the Solihull Ice Rink, is there anyway around this or have I just got to cough it up and pay?

Me and a friend were playing Snooker at Rileys, got there at 10.30am only to be told it opens at 11am (the website says 10.30am) and that caused me to go over my time by 27 minutes. I'm not sure if this would have any relevance in addition to the parking fine I got though.. (probably none)

Was it the car park at the back? by the gym?

I'm pretty sure you can ignore a ticket like that. 
However, it's free parking there for Fitness First Members (I used to go there). I think they have allocated spaces, but you could always try and blag that you were using the gym and were assured the parking was free. Could even say you were using a free pass if they asked for proof of membership or anything.

22 hours ago, darrenm said:

I now know Paddywhack's true identity and I'll sell it to the highest bidder.

Top bloke, great to meet you. Sorry if I was a bit distracted, I'm an ignorant fkr when flapping.

well done for not bringing up the yellow face

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I used to rather like the word “banter”. I now hate it along with “bantz”.

I reckon “jesting” or “joshing” are better. Or maybe if I’m so inclined “one upmanship”.

No one has or ever should use the term Joshing, its American and they can keep it.

I prefer a more sophisticated Bant and Dec or Archbishop of Banterbury myself.

30 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

No one has or ever should use the term Joshing, its American and they can keep it.

I prefer a more sophisticated Bant and Dec or Archbishop of Banterbury myself.

I like the term “joshing” purely because Glenn uses it in “The Thick of It” in response to Ollie’s epic “I’m Geoff Average” rant.

9 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I like the term “joshing” purely because Glenn uses it in “The Thick of It” in response to Ollie’s epic “I’m Geoff Average” rant.

It would be good if you were actually called Josh Ing. True Fact: my wife used to work with a woman called Jo King. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Feels like it's one of those stories that has a lot more to it than is being revealed.  I don't condone spitting.  It's rank.  Let's get that out of the way first.

A few questions though -

1. Was it really just banter?  Or was it "banter" - the modern phrase for behaving like an arsehole and the other person 'just can't take a joke'.
  2. If it was just gentle ribbing, why was the father - who should've been concentrating on driving, especially with a young girl in the passenger seat - filming it?
  3. Carragher will have had some ferocious abuse from opposition supporters down the years.  What must have been said for him to react like that?
  4. Do we really believe the spit was intended for the girl, or was it the general direction of the vehicle?
  5. If it was intended for the girl, who on Earth is able to spit so powerfully that they can get it from one moving vehicle through the window of another?
  6. Why is football (and seemingly broader society) so infested with bell ends that one man is able to be so antagonistic it provokes another one to spit at him?
  7. Banter?  Is it a word, and indeed an activity, exclusively for words removed?
  8. If so, what does that suggest in regards to question 1, and the victim suggesting it was "just banter"?

Nah - why are you talking about nuance when we can have a good public vilification? Let's be sanctimonious so we can feel self important and destroy his career!!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BillyShears said:

Watched the Jamie Carragher spitting incident. What kind of a man spits in a young girl's face? 

Another question though, before I answer that. Can I just ask if the girl in question has requested it because she likes it? :ph34r:

Too much? I'm basically new here in OT I don't know!

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

A few questions though -

I think you have too much time on your hands :)

spitting is actually defined as battery so presumably plod have to investigate it and issue at least a warning .

That said , he's apologised and that should be enough but then we live in an era of trial by social media so he’ll be getting a P45 in the morning  

• Sad 1

On 3/12/2018 at 17:05, mjmooney said:

It would be good if you were actually called Josh Ing. True Fact: my wife used to work with a woman called Jo King. 

Went to school with a girl called Ann Cuff.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2018 at 13:44, NurembergVillan said:

A few questions though -

**** hate people who do that. I’ve told the story before, how I was stalked online, also turned up at my work, but it was ‘banter’, he ended up getting the sack from his job as he was doing it to a lady too - but played the most incredible victim card. ‘It was banter and now I lose my job’ - **** prick.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dick said:

**** hate people who do that. I’ve told the story before, how I was stalked online, also turned up at my work, but it was ‘banter’, he ended up getting the sack from his job as he was doing it to a lady too - but played the most incredible victim card. ‘It was banter and now I lose my job’ - **** prick.

I think you told the story here on VT didnt you Dick, certainly someone who was stalked did. I was also stalked in the 90's pre internet. It was not good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think you told the story here on VT didnt you Dick, certainly someone who was stalked did. I was also stalked in the 90's pre internet. It was not good.

I did, and the guy now runs a Facebook page trolling people who make complaints on companies Facebook pages. He usually comments as himself to wind them up and then uses that as ammo.

Sorry to hear about your experience, it’s not nice at all.

14 minutes ago, Dick said:

I did, and the guy now runs a Facebook page trolling people who make complaints on companies Facebook pages. He usually comments as himself to wind them up and then uses that as ammo.

Sorry to hear about your experience, it’s not nice at all.

One day he will do it to the wrong person mark my words. just cut all ties with that cretin 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

One day he will do it to the wrong person mark my words. just cut all ties with that cretin 

Oh I have. I liked the page to keep an eye on it, as I saw a few posts from people I know - saying it was a page made by a bully. About 2 weeks after liking it (I wanted to see what was happening) I got a message from the lady who was stalked, she warned me it was him and I unliked. It’s popular though, thousands of people have liked it. People love a bit of social media bullying.. ‘banter’

Edited by Dick

Â