General Chat

Stevo985

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just had a notification on my phone that my passwords have appeared in a data leak, it seems like it’s almost all of the ones stored in my Apple keychain. 
Either my Apple keychain was hacked, or Apple have been saving up this information for a long time and only just told me.

Anyone else had that?

It’s highly highly unlikely to be Apple related, or for that matter Google. It’s generally website(s) getting hacked and then when that’s discovered, the e mail addresses registered with that site are flagged back to the customers by the likes of Apple and google. So for example if I’m registered with shop.com as user@address.com and “password”, if shop.com is hacked and it’s discovered I will get a message to say that combo has been hacked.

The Apple keychain stuff is all super encrypted and I’m not sure even Apple can access it. Maybe @limpidor @Tegiswill be along to say use 2FA and change your passwords, or that I’m talking rubbish, oh and don’t use the same password for different sites.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

It’s highly highly unlikely to be Apple related, or for that matter Google. It’s generally website(s) getting hacked and then when that’s discovered, the e mail addresses registered with that site are flagged back to the customers by the likes of Apple and google. So for example if I’m registered with shop.com as user@address.com and “password”, if shop.com is hacked and it’s discovered I will get a message to say that combo has been hacked.

The Apple keychain stuff is all super encrypted and I’m not sure even Apple can access it. Maybe @limpidor @Tegiswill be along to say use 2FA and change your passwords, or that I’m talking rubbish, oh and don’t use the same password for different sites.

Actually it’s not as bad as I first thought, it’s a small group of sites that I used the same password for. I guess one got hacked so Apple is telling me I should change them all. 
Ive given them all unique passwords now.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Shocking news coming from my new home town Plymouth this evening…

tragic events with several dead from a shooting.. 

Shit, my son lives there, better give him a bell.

Had a quick snoop on Twitter - its anything from a murder suicide in a family to a full on Hungerford style event. 

Probably best wait until something official is said. 

Stay safe everyone 

Edited by Xela
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Harry Potter thing tomorrow so staying in Watford. Was offered lemonade in my pint as soon as I drove into the postcode. 

Not sure if you’ve been previously but it’s a fantastic place. My two kids absolutely loved it. 

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Not sure if you’ve been previously but it’s a fantastic place. My two kids absolutely loved it. 

First time. 5 year old here is bouncing off walls. 

• Haha 1

Â