General Chat

Stevo985

Bit of advice needed. I’ve stopped selling on eBay now due to the payment changes and the discontinuation of PayPal as a third party. I don’t want to sign up with Facebook. I have no idea where to sell my old crap anymore outside of a car boot.

3 minutes ago, Tegis said:

What? Isn't Paypal owned by Ebay?

For sellers it’s no longer the payment choice. It’s all through eBay now. Which as a seller leaves you no protection at all when eBay always side with the buyer in a dispute. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

For sellers it’s no longer the payment choice. It’s all through eBay now. Which as a seller leaves you no protection at all when eBay always side with the buyer in a dispute. 

My Dad sells a lot through eBay and he mentioned the change. I don't know the facts, but I think he used to get paid through Paypal? Now the money goes directly into his account via eBay? he hasn't had any issues so far although when he sells he always insists on recorded delivery so there is less chance of a dispute. 

He also uses Facebook Marketplace for stuff as well, which seems to work ok. 

PayPal was sold off from eBay some time ago wasn’t it?

Now ebay are processing their own payments rather than pay PayPal which isn’t a huge surprise.

The lack of seller protection could hurt the in the long term.

@Ingram85 has your old man looked into selling through Amazon?

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Other than match days, I've stayed out of on topic for years. The Grealish thread has me hooked though. It's **** mental :D 

It got more mental this morning when the Mods moved it to other football for japes. 

• Haha 1

Being hooked on the Grealish thread is no worse than getting addicted to a 12 season box set of some trashy Netflix drama. Days wasted on something with no tangible benefit to your life, hours spent scouring the web for spoilers and inside info. I don’t really watch much TV, but we all have our vices. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Did they really?

They did. It was there for maybe 10 minutes. 

It took a minute or two for me to wake up and realise they were taking the piss, got me good and proper. 

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

They did. It was there for maybe 10 minutes. 

It took a minute or two for me to wake up and realise they were taking the piss, got me good and proper. 

That is excellent, just sad I wasn't awake to see it. Just going through the Grealish thread now, there does seem to have been plenty of pant-wetting.

Well, I offered a reward, and I'm a man of my word, so if anyone wants to let me know to whom I owe the pleasure . . .

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That is excellent, just sad I wasn't awake to see it. Just going through the Grealish thread now, there does seem to have been plenty of pant-wetting.

Well, I offered a reward, and I'm a man of my word, so if anyone wants to let me know to whom I owe the pleasure . . .

If you're loaded, give it to charidee, or get the wife something. If you're not then keep it. I hadn't even seen your offer. It was worth it for the reaction anyway.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

It got more mental this morning when the Mods moved it to other football for japes. 

I don't spend much time in the Grealish thread, but I must admit I basically shit my pants when I noticed this this morning

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â