The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Re. your spoiler:

Hide contents

I think the point was to show that despite the best efforts of the main characters, the 'Evil' had still managed to get out into the world. 

I thought it was a very effective framing device personally, and the scene where she rises from the water and the titles appear was just ***CHEFS KISS***

Plus, if you think about the 2013 Alvarez version, they did a similar thing with the girl in the woods at the start.

Very good points

• Like 1

Watched Dungeons and Dragons yesterday, I swear they pay homage to the old kids cartoon during the maze scenes, but my memory is hazy on the characters from it. 
Enjoyable film all told. Rattles along at a good pace, not too much to think about. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I swear they may homage to the old kids cartoon during the maze scenes

Yeah I noticed that when I watched it too. Nice touch.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Watched Dungeons and Dragons yesterday, I swear they may homage to the old kids cartoon during the maze scenes, but my memory is hazy on the characters from it. 
Enjoyable film all told. Rattles along at a good pace, not too much to think about. 

I thought it was decent as well, Chris Pine brought in just the right amount of humour.

On 04/05/2023 at 13:52, choffer said:

I‘m not much of a Star Wars fan but if it were real, I’d definitely watch this. 

Just followed a bit of a YT hole and found this. If Stanley Kubrick had made 9 movies that look like these images I think I could die happy and complete.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

So glad you put that in a spoiler tag, could've ruined the whole series for someone there.

Better safe than sorry mate 

• Like 1

Watched the original Thomas Crown Affair (Prime) yesterday with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway. Pretty good. Think I prefer the remake though 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The wife's got the fast and the furious 9 on, she's a huge fan, I'm watching it cos we saw it being filmed in Edinburgh

Its mind boggling how these films are popular, it's terrible

I think there is a new one coming out soon isn't there, or there is one that has came out recently.

I saw the trailer and thought well, there has been about 12 of them now and I haven't seen a single second of any of them, maybe I should give one a try, I thought better of it though and didn't bother.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

I think there is a new one coming out soon isn't there, or there is one that has came out recently.

I saw the trailer and thought well, there has been about 12 of them now and I haven't seen a single second of any of them, maybe I should give one a try, I thought better of it though and didn't bother.

The later ones with Jason Statham at least have some comedy value

Never watched a Fast and Furious Film.  It's bad enough having to encounter people compensating for their tiny penises with really loud, fast cars in every day life, let alone watch a film about it.

I used to occasionally see a car around the area that had a “Paul Walker 1973 - 2013” window sticker. 

I kinda had the sense that this bloke (it’s got to have been a bloke) sees Walker and the franchise as his James Dean/Rebel Without a Cause.

Â