The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

15 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Dungeons and Dragons is very very fun. More practical effects than I was expecting 

I wasn’t that fussed about it, wasn’t a bad film but easily forgettable I thought.  Maybe because I’m not into the D&D thing so maybe I missed some in-jokes.  It was definitely watchable though just didn’t grip me.

Edited by nick76

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Is this a new remake or do you have to see the previous movie?

The only thing you need to see the previous movie for is in a filmmaking class on what not to do when you want to make a film. This stands alone and is far far far far far far better

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theunderstudy said:

The only thing you need to see the previous movie for is in a filmmaking class on what not to do when you want to make a film. This stands alone and is far far far far far far better

Thanks this reassures me as i remember seeing the trailer for 1st and it looked terrible. My sis who is a big dungeons and dragons fan said it was absolutely awful

Just got back from watching this...

spacer.png

It's a lot of fun, entertaining, gory and the three central performances from Hoult, Cage and Awkwafina are all top notch (all clearly having a great time with Cage unsurprisingly and literally chewing the scenery)

It's also surprisingly quite touching and reflective in parts, although the central theme of toxic relationships and co-dependency does tend to get lost amongst the OTT bloody fight scenes.

Enjoyable saftness.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Just got back from watching this...

spacer.png

It's a lot of fun, entertaining, gory and the three central performances from Hoult, Cage and Awkwafina are all top notch (all clearly having a great time with Cage unsurprisingly and literally chewing the scenery)

It's also surprisingly quite touching and reflective in parts, although the central theme of toxic relationships and co-dependency does tend to get lost amongst the OTT bloody fight scenes.

Enjoyable saftness.

Going tomorrow night. Been looking forward to this all year. Sounds ace.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

wow 65 was a bag of shite. as someone with a mild obsession with the JP/JW films it takes a bad dinosaur film for me not to like it but jeez it was terrible. awful premise, even more awfully executed. i get it's a fantasy movie but had so many plot holes i don't even know where to start. avoid like the plague...even if you're a dino movie fan, just avoid. it'll just annoy you.

Watching the paw patrol film with the daughter

Its kind of weirdly brilliant how they've upgraded the animation, shit that they've changed the voice actors and I'm cynical over everything PP because I've seen the tat involved with it

To me it's almost like when I first watched the power rangers film all those years ago it that it has the polish but on it but deep down its still the same silly thing 

Watched Operation Fortune - the latest from Guy Ritchie.

It should have been a lot better than it was with the cast available but somehow it didn’t quite hit the mark with the humour or action that it promised. 

Not entirely bad but more so disappointing.

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Came cross this earlier and watched it with my son. Very good film and a big nod to fans of Hereditary 

image.jpeg.c21e81afc022ab16e800f4cc91d46a49.jpeg

Yeah very good horror, very unsettling.

The director has made a kind of remake/reboot called Malum which is due this year. I'll definitely be checking that out :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

Just watched seven kings must die. Enjoyable if very rushed ending to the last kingdom. Would have preferred another season if I’m honest.

Have got this lined up for the end of the week!

Evil Dead Rise getting very positive reviews which I'm chuffed about. From what I've seen in the trailers and read online it's a far darker and less humorous movie than previous entries.

Tickets booked for Friday and I'm already hyped 💀

• Like 4

6 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Just watched seven kings must die. Enjoyable if very rushed ending to the last kingdom. Would have preferred another season if I’m honest.

Wish I could get into this show as I love the books, but they're just too far removed from the books.

35 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Wish I could get into this show as I love the books, but they're just too far removed from the books.

I hadn;t read the books so I didn't have that issue. Really enjoyed The Last Kingdom though, particularly when it left BBC and was picked up on Netflix it became much more polished. Clearly a much bigger budget as well.

Â