The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Watched this on Friday

MV5BMjU4NDcwOTA2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjE2

feel like it’s not spoken about enough. 
Brilliant movie

Yeah it's kind of overlooked isn't it? Even though it was very highly thought of when it came out.

I suppose you could argue that Yorgos dialogue style isn't for everyone but I adore that kind of stuff.

Great performances all round too, and another example of the range of Barry Keoghan.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah it's kind of overlooked isn't it? Even though it was very highly thought of when it came out.

I suppose you could argue that Yorgos dialogue style isn't for everyone but I adore that kind of stuff.

Great performances all round too, and another example of the range of Barry Keoghan.

Given the director and cast I thought it would be spoken about more. 

I like Yorgos' stuff so it was right up my street.

The dialogue is very weird but it almost makes it funny in parts, which adds to the sense of unease throughout.

I thought it was really very good

• Like 2

The Siege Poster

Little or no backstory, little time for any meaningful dialogue or character development but hard hitting action from scene one that continues to its somewhat obvious conclusion

Stisen is making a bit of a name for himself in the action adventure genre, never going to win best actor but when there is ass to kick with Scandinavian detachment, few, if any are better 

Watched Avatar 2 over the weekend. Looked incredible on an OLED with HDR. 

The film itself was whatever, but the visuals and sfx kept me interested enough to watch the whole thing. Visually very impressive, but would definitely give the film itself a meh/10. 

Just got back from watching this. Probably late on it, but it was something else. I liked it, good acting, but very different. Thought from the trailer that it would be more like In Bruges, but it really wasn't. 7.5, I'd say.

MV5BM2NlZDI0ZDktNTg5OS00ZjQ1LWI4MDEtN2I0MDE5NWRiNzA4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5Nzc4MDY@._V1_.jpg

• Like 1

image.jpeg.fb4c96fae7e27b028f0244be890efed2.jpeg

Took the family to see this tonight. Pretty good fun, not sure if it keeps fans of the game happy and or the cartoon. Maybe a tad too long but another good performance from Hugh Grant, playing, well Hugh Grant

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

John Wick 4 last night 

I mean yeah I knew what I was signing up for , but meh , there's only so many times I can watch someone get hit by a car at 40 mph and get up and carry on fighting  ... it was fun but too repetitive and way too long

Just back from watching this...

spacer.png

As others have said, just really good fun.

Definitely one of the best 'pure' fantasy movies for a long time. It has a great sense of humour (the graveyard scene had me in bits) and a lot of warmth and charm.

Enjoyed it.

• Like 4

Just finished sci-fi movie 65 starring Adam Driver. 

Can't say I'd recommend it to anyone. I've not watched After Earth for obvious reasons but from what I understand this was a somewhat similar thing. I guess if you liked that one despite having to watch Will Smith and his empty eyed, mouth partly opened spawn Jaden then maybe you'll enjoy 65 because at least they are not in this one and Adam Drive is an OK actor

On 05/04/2023 at 18:01, Designer1 said:

Just back from watching this...

spacer.png

As others have said, just really good fun.

Definitely one of the best 'pure' fantasy movies for a long time. It has a great sense of humour (the graveyard scene had me in bits) and a lot of warmth and charm.

Enjoyed it.

Great fun! I especially liked the NPC. :D

Those who may be required to take the little ones to see the Mario film, it’s ok. About what you’d expect, at least I followed what was going on which is more than can be said about when I was sat watching “The Boss Baby : Family Business” in utter bewilderment.

But in fairness there’s a few references to the games that the film can lean on to give me a cheap little moment of nostalgia to make up for any shortcomings.

Jack Black’s song as Bowser is probably the highlight.

Tonight's movie...

spacer.png

Probably my favourite Vincent Price film, I've watched it countless times as it always stayed me after i first watched it at a tender age (probably 8 or 9). 

Quirky, camp and gory with Price lovingly chewing the scenery every time he's on screen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Tonight's movie...

spacer.png

Probably my favourite Vincent Price film, I've watched it countless times as it always stayed me after i first watched it at a tender age (probably 8 or 9). 

Quirky, camp and gory with Price lovingly chewing the scenery every time he's on screen.

Is that the one where he feeds the critic his dog in a pie? 

A have a similar affiliation with this gem of a film  

image.jpeg.db011a8056a1898ec32803a6a475a476.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Is that the one where he feeds the critic his dog in a pie? 

A have a similar affiliation with this gem of a film  

image.jpeg.db011a8056a1898ec32803a6a475a476.jpeg

Yeah that's the one FF.

As far as Devil Rides Out goes, I pretty much own every Hammer movie ever made and that one is comfortably top 5. Superb stuff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah that's the one FF.

As far as Devil Rides Out goes, I pretty much own every Hammer movie ever made and that one is comfortably top 5. Superb stuff.

Another one I watch far more often than is healthy is the classic about a undead satanic biker gang with Beryl Reid 😆

They just do not make them like that anymore 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Another one I watch far more often than is healthy is the classic about a undead satanic biker gang with Beryl Reid 😆

They just do not make them like that anymore 

Psychomania :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Tonight's movie...

spacer.png

He really does ham it up (in a good way) 

since your post I am remembering quite a lot about it and will have to watch it again over the Easter break. Thank you for that as had forgotten about it if honest 

Good work squire 👍

• Thanks 1

Â