The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

UFO Sweden (2022) - IMDb

Just finished this one. UFO Sweden. Quite liked it, charming and a solid 7/10. It borrows from Spielberg, Stranger Things and 80´s & 90's stuff like that but for a Swedish movie it ain't bad. Guess it loses some things for non Swedes like dialects and the recognition factor (it takes place around where I grew up) but shouldn't be a deal breaker. Not a Hollywood budget thing so don't expect Interstellar or Independence Day :D 

Edit: It's in Swedish so you will need subs.

Edited by sne
  • Thanks 2

Pleased to report new Evil Dead highly enjoyable.  Nailed that trademark balance of grim and comedy.

Biggest chuckle goes to Necronomicon on vinyl.  Even the deadites have gone hipster.

Casual fish-eye lens hallway slaughter scene was brilliant.

Rat-King/The Thing final baddy was great, nice to see something a little different for the franchise (well, I guess technically they went to the amalgam-monstrosity-well at the very end of Evil Dead II, but still, good stuff).

Alyssa Sutherland is fantastic, chewing all the scenery (and eyes) around her.

"Spotted" the obligatory Bruce cameo almost immediately.

• Like 1

Picked this up on Blu ray on a blind purchase after reading some reviews...

spacer.png

Very glad I did.

Spanish movie which is basically a love letter to Giallo and manages to perfectly capture the look, feel and sound of the genre while maintaining its own identity. 

Very well put together, with a suitably pulpy premise and is a must for the Argento, Bava and Fulci fans.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Shove all of your horror/bloody/gory shot up your arse.

THAT looks fantastic.*

*(apart from ABBA - shove that up your arse too)

Feels like something they could get really wrong but theyve at least gone all in on it

• Like 1

On 30/04/2023 at 20:40, Bizzzle said:

Watched the new Scream film last night and thought it was enjoyable nonsense 

I thought it was really good. The beginning was excellently done

Spoiler

Was abit predictable i knew the cop was in on it when he said "investigate kirby" i did think it was either the girl (as you nwvee saw her die) or guy because of the train scene but not both though so by having 3 killers that was good

Only thing thats stupid is how many times can gale get stabbed and not die? Bit silly

Thought it was better than 5

• Like 3

Just saw evil dead that was bloody good and scary.

Spoiler

Only bit didnt like was beginning just thought it was pointless if they were not part of the main story unless they making another and this will be the charchters they are using 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought it was really good. The beginning was excellently done

Yeah as I said on here I thought it benefitted greatly from a change of setting and darker tone. Really enjoyed it.

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just saw evil dead that was bloody good and scary.

Reveal hidden contents

Only bit didnt like was beginning just thought it was pointless if they were not part of the main story unless they making another and this will be the charchters they are using 

Re. your spoiler:

Spoiler

I think the point was to show that despite the best efforts of the main characters, the 'Evil' had still managed to get out into the world. 

I thought it was a very effective framing device personally, and the scene where she rises from the water and the titles appear was just ***CHEFS KISS***

Plus, if you think about the 2013 Alvarez version, they did a similar thing with the girl in the woods at the start.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah as I said on here I thought it benefitted greatly from a change of setting and darker tone. Really enjoyed it.

I literlaly have the best idea of a ending to the scream franchise

Make Sidney the killer at the end where she kills everyone even gale (but the twist is there is no killer she has gone crazy from all the ghostfaces in the past and she killed everyone thinking they were the ghost face killer but it was actually her)

Then disgusted with her  own actions she kills herself be a good way to end the franchise i think. But ibthink they will have another 2 or 3 personally

Â