The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

If you're a fan of David Foster Wallace, you've probably already seen, but it's worth watching even if you don't know him. You'll want to read him when you're done. A great portrait of an ambitious artist isolated by our world and his own mental health struggles. My 17 year old son loved this. Quite funny and poignant.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Continued my Roy Scheider re-watch by re-watching Jaws (Amazon Prime... i think). God its a masterpiece. Incredible performances, great direction and that horror of such a fearsome shark being in the water right where YOU are still hits hard to this day. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

Continued my Roy Scheider re-watch by re-watching Jaws (Amazon Prime... i think). God its a masterpiece. Incredible performances, great direction and that horror of such a fearsome shark being in the water right where YOU are still hits hard to this day. 

Also credited with creating the summer blockbuster

It is an incredible film

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Watched movie 43 for 1st time. It has a massive A list cast but one of the weirdest films ive ever seen. Suprised so many A listers signed up for it

It's regarded as one of the worst movies ever made.

Hard to disagree tbh. Its dreadful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

It's regarded as one of the worst movies ever made.

Hard to disagree tbh. Its dreadful.

Its so bad mate i didnt realise this until after i watched it. Just a wierd and stupid concept 

Been watching the bruce lee films again been a while. Still as brilliant as it was when i watched as a kid. Such a shame he died so young and more were not made

• Like 1

Spider-Man: Across The Spiderverse is a visual delight. 

Great follow up to the first film with a bucket load of Easter eggs in and amongst the chaos on screen

Will require a second and third viewing for sure. 

Started  watching a film on Netflix called The Stranger. Apparently based on a true story that happened in Australia. Joel Edgerton is usually worth the entrance fee, as it is I'm 50 minutes in and seems very dark indeed. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

On 17/06/2023 at 00:46, theunderstudy said:

I saw a play in London called “The shark is broken “ and his son plays his part … talking about spitting image.

Play was really good , it was about the problems between the actors during the filming , Shaw and Dreyfus  in particular clashed a lot,  though kinda became friends by the end .

Just watched the flash

Wow wow wow!!

Absolutely brilliant film. I loved it. One of the best DC ones in a while

Spoiler

Pribably the closest 90s batmans ive seen. Loved the george Clooney twist that unexpected i was just expecting michael keaton again

• Like 2

image.jpeg.9f01850259f6d385421c0264ee4062e0.jpeg

Not bad, not bad at all. Kind of works around the issue of sex abuse of the church and also long term demonic intent. Much better than expected and a excellent but maybe callable finale 

On 18/06/2023 at 15:19, theboyangel said:

Spider-Man: Across The Spiderverse is a visual delight. 

Great follow up to the first film with a bucket load of Easter eggs in and amongst the chaos on screen

Will require a second and third viewing for sure. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 18/06/2023 at 21:34, tonyh29 said:

I saw a play in London called “The shark is broken “ and his son plays his part … talking about spitting image.

Play was really good , it was about the problems between the actors during the filming , Shaw and Dreyfus  in particular clashed a lot,  though kinda became friends by the end .

I saw that too brilliant. The son was Robert Shaw's not Scheider's.

7 minutes ago, Clarry said:

I saw that too brilliant. The son was Robert Shaw's not Scheider's.

D'oh ...  not sure how I manged to confuse the 2 !! 

Watched Medusa Deluxe on Sunday. Very good. Funny, stressful, arty. Odd. Breathless almost. Cracking script. Many excellent performances. One average one. And shot in 4:3 for some reason. Strong recommend.

Attempting to get through all the MCU movies again. Actually making progress this time.

It's far easier once you get past the absolute guff at the start of the timeline. Once I hit Winter Soldier I was ok. 

Halfway through Antman now, which is better than I expected

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

D'oh ...  not sure how I manged to confuse the 2 !! 

But he's the spitting image of Scheider? Maybe Robert Shaw's missus was playing away .... 🤣

• Haha 1

Â