The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Four years after its release, I finally got round to watching 'Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood'. Remarkably, I'd seen no spoilers in that time, so the ending was a surprise. 

Brilliant film, instantly my favourite Tarantino. 

I watched it I'm the cinema when it first came out. Really 'hit me in the feels' I must say. Lovely film which hit home what a loss occurred that night.

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Shawshank is a great one to dip in and out of for the fifteenth time

Classic example of my point. Saw it once. Very much enjoyed it. Never want to see it again. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Classic example of my point. Saw it once. Very much enjoyed it. Never want to see it again. 

I could happily watch it every week probably. Or at least little sections or scenes. Just utter brilliance.

On 01/06/2023 at 14:03, GarethRDR said:

A god-damned masterpiece.  The cinematography throughout is stunning but the denouement, when Scanlon's carrying the nitroglycerin to the oil field, out of this world.

Yeah it's incredible. I think only about 50 people alive have seen the film sadly 

• Like 1

image-w1280.jpg 

Oriental Elegy (Aleksandr Sokurov)

A surreal journey of a displaced spirit as he wanders in the interminable darkness through the temporal landscape of a quaint and isolated feudal-era fishing village. Guided by a series of faintly illuminated rooms, the wandering spirit comes upon ancient souls who take on physical forms as they recount their personal stories of daily existence, loss, and tragedy in the peasant community. Intrigued by his initial visit to a curiously distracted elderly woman, the spirit returns to her home in order to ask a fundamental question - “What is happiness?” - an existential query that is innocently answered with innate humility and accepted unknowingness.

Not bad interesting film

4545aeb9d8e2f2228a5eda570c5e0e95d91979ffbced4a224ef8e113650e9ae24491435f7c5f022e

A Short Story (Bi Gan) -

Once upon a time, there was a strange black cat in a long trenchcoat with no friends, no home, and no purpose in life. However, one day, an encounter with a scarecrow sets the black cat off on a mysterious quest to answer a single question: What is the most precious thing in the world?

Enjoyed it a great deal great visuals and sense of wonder.

1 hour ago, useless said:

MV5BYTg2ZmExYmUtNDM3MS00ODhjLWJiNjAtMWEx

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret (Kelly Fremon Craig) - Great film, as the feel of a future family classic.

Yeah! Really rook me by surprise how much I enjoyed this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Rewatching Django Unchained today, forgotten how much I loved it when it came out. 

"I count 6 shots n*gga"

"I count 2 guns n*gga"

Its up there as my favourite QT line, foxx delivers it perfectly

• Like 1

Watched this last night with the lad, would highly recommend. 

However, the plot did seem somewhat familiar

It turns out to be the reboot of the 2014 Last Shift, same director as well (only watched Last Shift a couple of months ago and @Designer1 did post it had been rebooted but the penny did not drop) 

Both worth a watch as stand up individually very well but did like the Hereditary link in the original 

Malum (2023) - IMDb

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Watched this last night with the lad, would highly recommend. 

However, the plot did seem somewhat familiar

It turns out to be the reboot of the 2014 Last Shift, same director as well (only watched Last Shift a couple of months ago and @Designer1 did post it had been rebooted but the penny did not drop) 

Both worth a watch as stand up individually very well but did like the Hereditary link in the original 

Malum (2023) - IMDb

Watched it was pretty good although didnt think the ending was great

On 11/06/2023 at 13:18, villa4europe said:

"I count 6 shots n*gga"

"I count 2 guns n*gga"

Its up there as my favourite QT line, foxx delivers it perfectly

It's a spin on Eastwood's "Do you feel lucky?" scene, really. 

On 09/06/2023 at 16:10, Wainy316 said:

Terminator 2 is my dipping movie.  I could practically quote the whole thing.

Almost called my first dog Wolfie🤣 it’s on sky tonight now and believe it or not I’m watching it again🤦‍♂️🤣

Just back from...

spacer.png

Yeah, pretty decent fun.

Rattles along at a pace and it has a decent amount of humour and some good set pieces. There's also a fair bit of emotion in it which I always thought the DC movies lacked.

As with many superhero movies it loses its way in the final third but still enjoyable.

Also, really lovely to see Keaton again as Batman.

• Like 3

Â