Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 1 of 10

duke313

6 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Will still be twits and turns , lot of games to play . If we pick up a point I’d be happy 3 fantastic. 

Trust me, in the match thread, the players will be TWITS if we get one point.   They’ll need to TURN that into three.  

• Haha 1

I'm very very concerned by our midfield for this game. No Kamara, Ramsey or McGinn is proper bare bones. Don't think Rodgers or Iroegbunam are ready and we can't afford to shift Luiz/Tielemans too much.

For these games I'd be very tempted to play Pau as a defensive midfielder. He would add to the midfield and Konsa and Lenglet can carry on with what they did during Pau's injury layoff. None of it is ideal though.

Martinez

Cash Konsa Lenglet Digne

Pau

Bailey Tielemans Luiz Diaby

Watkins (I hope!)

No Watkins, then we're in MASSIVE trouble.

30 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I'm very very concerned by our midfield for this game. No Kamara, Ramsey or McGinn is proper bare bones. Don't think Rodgers or Iroegbunam are ready and we can't afford to shift Luiz/Tielemans too much.

For these games I'd be very tempted to play Pau as a defensive midfielder. He would add to the midfield and Konsa and Lenglet can carry on with what they did during Pau's injury layoff. None of it is ideal though.

Martinez

Cash Konsa Lenglet Digne

Pau

Bailey Tielemans Luiz Diaby

Watkins (I hope!)

No Watkins, then we're in MASSIVE trouble.

Chambers can play as a CDM :ph34r:

I think young Tim is getting better and more confident with each appearance, I would rather him than Chambers in midfield. We need some pace in that department, Luiz and Tielmans are hardly jet - heeled. 

Today's Spursy performance should give us that extra lift. A draw wouldn't be the worst result. I'm fairly confident. 

Come on me Babbys!

Yes we are lacking midfield players but Diaby, Bailey, Watkins and if need be Duran offer a considerable threat. Its about application. Whoever comes in for Mcginn has to a Job and let Luis Do his. 

Go at them immediately and get ahead. We’re better everywhere other than in the middle due to injuries/suspensions

no more over-respecting  

West Ham are a rigid and hard working team, they will be strong on the transition and corners/FKs. Bowen is a huge threat too. It is imperative we match their attitude and application, I believe we can work our way into their penalty box and take our chances. It is important we are patient and pick our moments well tomorrow. I am unable to predict a scoreline, I think this game will be decided on key moments or lack of.

Edited by Villa_Vids

Must beat these muggs. They beat a shit European team in the week and now think there gonna win the Trophy. We need to bring emm, back down to earth, to the Moyes team they really are.

Kudus the danger man. Tough one for us. If we attack then we play into their hands. They play well on the counter. Not so great at dictating the tempo. Set pieces will be key as well.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Any word on Ramsey?

Probably makes sense to wait until the international break given the season he's had. No point in rushing him back tomorrow if he just breaks down and we lose him for another month as then he'll be out of winnable home fixtures.

He's as fragile as Pau is these days.

I’m not feeling confident at all today about this game… not sure why, I just feel like they’re pretty good at home, and we’re still not great away. I’d be happy enough with a point to be honest, even if we have to grind out a draw that’s fine by me.