Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 1 of 10

duke313

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Tielemans is a disaster in that role, he's somehow worse than McGinn there.

Hopefully it’s Dougie (probably gonna have to be a bit restricted since McGinn is out) who’s the DM or “holder”… and Youri ahead of him.

He does concern me, can be loose and sloppy in possession and it’s dangerous if we lose the ball in deeper positions…

Maybe he can step up and sharpen up there… should have gained confidence from the game time he has been given and some good performances in a more attacking role.

Needs to be focused and quicker… not casual at all… take him off as soon as he tires.

• Like 1

To be fair, we've shown over the last few weeks how frail we are defending right now. 

With the injuries we got, may as well try something totally different. 

My lad is gonna be buzzing, he's obsessed with Duran 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bit like Spurs in that I didn't expect that team at all.

Rogers ahead of Diaby is a really interesting call considering that was Diaby's best game for months so surely you'd want to continue the momentum.

Perhaps Diego Carlos isn't 100% but I'd have had him in the team ahead of Lenglet.

Duran's first ever prem start so think Ollie isn't 100% himself but we want to reduce the burden and workload on him in final third.

Probably the most physical team we can put out to counter West Ham with their set pieces.

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

What role? I’ve just seen a list of players not a formation… 

He’s surmising Tielemans is in the Kamara CDM role, I think he is correct. 

People say he was shit in that role, he may have been, but needs must. Facing their midfield away from home is a big ask for Tim.  

• Like 1

image.jpeg.24ff0d47e01ebad69f83deb80115e57e.jpeg

BBC have us like this, in a 442, but I suspect it’s more of a 433 with Tielemans, Dougie and Rogers in a mid-three… unless its a 424 as Roger’s does seem to suit a more advanced role?

Attack is the best form of defence and West Ham only play well for short periods of games so makes sense to blow them away early doors and then let them have their normal 20 mins of playing well when the game is beyond them. Moyes somehow managed to be both shit and good manager at the same time