Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 1 of 10

duke313

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

If we win this one it'll be one of our best of this season imo, albeit last night's game was a lot easier than I was expecting.  It depends on which version of West Ham turn up but I'm always worried about Bowen.

That's the key to me. West ham have been very inconsistent in the league.  Bowen did go on a long spell without scoring. Is Paquetta fit. He seems like when he's out they struggle 

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would start Moreno in this. He hit a lovely cross for Ollie's goal in the 1-1 last season and while Digne has done little wrong I'd like to see us on the front foot a little more rather than just sitting in and trying to get to 0-0 at half time.

They're starting Antonio again so I think Diego Carlos stays in to match the physicality and Konsa will return at RB to look after Kudus so think that's how Moreno starts.

Beyond that it will be interesting. Looked a cert Tim would start but not playing v Ajax I don't think Unai is fully convinced yet despite his quotes in the press. Think it will be Luiz and Tielemans in the pivot and then probably a similar combination to what we saw last night if Ollie is o.k.

Thought it would be two tired teams just playing out a draw but in reality we both breezed through and there's a potential freshness to both 11s so this could be a 3-2 either way game, let's say to us....

I thought diego was assured out with hamstring. ?

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

That's the key to me. West ham have been very inconsistent in the league.  Bowen did go on a long spell without scoring. Is Paquetta fit. He seems like when he's out they struggle 

He’s fit. Played and scored on Thursday.

Big game this obviously. Our boys need to be prepared to go to war. If we do, then I think we will edge it. I’ll always back Unai to find a way for us to bounce back after a poor afternoon last Sunday. 1-2 to us. COYVB. UTV.

4 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I thought diego was assured out with hamstring. ?

Oh right, I turned off the other night when we went 3-0 up so didn't realise he picked up another injury.

Antonio is looking much better than he did earlier this season so think I'd move Kons back to the centre as we need a reliable blocker given the runs Antonio makes.

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Don’t fancy this one at all, we never seem to get a result at their place.

In fact we haven't won at West Ham since 2011

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

In fact we haven't won at West Ham since 2011

About time we did then.

Edited by smg
  • Like 4

So if Spurs lose here this is basically like us losing to West Ham and them beating a Crystal Palace on a saturday.

So much for that "Big Game" "Game of the season" hype

In the end it doesn't mean much if you cannot follow it up

3 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

Plenty of belief here that Watkins will be fit to start. I have doubts.

He’ll have stitches in and a numbing injection. He’ll play. 

• Like 1