Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 1 of 10

duke313

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A must win.  UTV.

No it isn't.

Draw is absolutely fine if 5th is a CL spot (which it should be)

• Like 1

A win here would go a long way to helping us secure top 5. We are down to the bare bones here. 

Emi

Konsa Lenglet Pau Digne

Cash Luiz Tielemans Diaby

Bailey Watkins 

Think both Bailey and Diaby need to play. Without McGinn I think Tielemans has to go into the middle. There’s a case for Tim starting this on, Tielemans left and Diaby coming on in the second half. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

A win here would go a long way to helping us secure top 5. We are down to the bare bones here. 

Emi

Konsa Lenglet Pau Digne

Cash Luiz Tielemans Diaby

Bailey Watkins 

Think both Bailey and Diaby need to play. Without McGinn I think Tielemans has to go into the middle. There’s a case for Tim starting this on, Tielemans left and Diaby coming on in the second half. 

He can't play in the pivot in our system, he doesn't have the athleticism, our midfield will get overrun.  Tim might be inexperienced, but he has the physicality to play against Soucek, Paqueta and Alvarez.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He can't play in the pivot in our system, he doesn't have the athleticism, our midfield will get overrun.  Tim might be inexperienced, but he has the physicality to play against Soucek, Paqueta and Alvarez.

My fear too. Tough one this - shift Tielemans to the left and play Tim in the middle or start Diaby. Pretty sure he will go Cash in midfield. 

Martinez

Konsa    Lenglet     Pau     Digne

Iroegbunam      Luiz              

Bailey                        Tielemans   

Diaby        Watkins            

Subs:  Olsen, Cash, Moreno, Carlos?, Chambers, Ramsey?, Rogers, Zaniolo, Duran 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Martinez

Iroegbunam      Luiz              

Bailey                        Tielemans   

Diaby        Watkins            

Subs:  Olsen, Cash, Moreno, Carlos?, Chambers, Ramsey?, Rogers, Zaniolo, Duran 

What would happen if you switched Diaby and Tielemans?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What would happen if you switched Diaby and Tielemans?

Maybe, but prefer Diaby closer to Watkins if I’m honest.

Martinez

Iroegbunam      Luiz              

Bailey    Tielemans       Diaby

Watkins            

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Maybe, but prefer Diaby closer to Watkins if I’m honest.

Martinez

Iroegbunam      Luiz              

Bailey    Tielemans       Diaby

Watkins            

Bailey Watkins Diaby front three though 😍

Tielemans has played his best for us as the 10 rather than out left.  

Edited by duke313

It’s going to be a really good matchup and has the feeling about it that it could go either way on the day. Bowen and kudus for them v Bailey and (hopefully) Watkins for us. Both teams pretty good in attack but been pish recently in defence….im going for us to edge it as the away team, a Leon Bailey masterclass to take the 3 points back 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Bailey Watkins Diaby front three though 😍

Tielemans has played his best for us as the 10 rather than out left.  

Yep, you’re probably right with that one. Bailey, Diaby and Watkins should cause them all sorts of problems. Duran itching to come off the bench as well.  

If we win this one it'll be one of our best of this season imo, albeit last night's game was a lot easier than I was expecting.  It depends on which version of West Ham turn up but I'm always worried about Bowen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Cash - Konsa - Pau - Digne
Bailey - Tim - Luiz - Diaby
         Youri - Watkins 

This is the correct team, do this and we’ll get a result.

• Like 1

We haven't beaten them in their new (and completely s***e) stadium yet, time for that to change. Having said that, I think it will be a horrible, scrappy, frustrating defeat.

Edited by wedge

Wierd one on Sunday. Because even more than us, you don't knowwhich West Ham will turn up. They look great at times and abysmal at others. And that happens game to game, not month to month . They have the players to hurt us, and far more midfield options. Tim will need to play the game of his life on Sunday , but if he does then we have the players to hurt them  . Do they press that much though ? 

Would start Moreno in this. He hit a lovely cross for Ollie's goal in the 1-1 last season and while Digne has done little wrong I'd like to see us on the front foot a little more rather than just sitting in and trying to get to 0-0 at half time.

They're starting Antonio again so I think Diego Carlos stays in to match the physicality and Konsa will return at RB to look after Kudus so think that's how Moreno starts.

Beyond that it will be interesting. Looked a cert Tim would start but not playing v Ajax I don't think Unai is fully convinced yet despite his quotes in the press. Think it will be Luiz and Tielemans in the pivot and then probably a similar combination to what we saw last night if Ollie is o.k.

Thought it would be two tired teams just playing out a draw but in reality we both breezed through and there's a potential freshness to both 11s so this could be a 3-2 either way game, let's say to us....

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Wierd one on Sunday. Because even more than us, you don't knowwhich West Ham will turn up. They look great at times and abysmal at others. And that happens game to game, not month to month . They have the players to hurt us, and far more midfield options. Tim will need to play the game of his life on Sunday , but if he does then we have the players to hurt them  . Do they press that much though ? 

The midfield options and physicality could be too much, but I live in hope