Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/24 at 23:59

In any normal circumstances a point away at Everton isn't a bad result and it's just the expectations have increased so much.

We shaded the match and just couldn't get the winner. Still in a great position for a top 5 finish..

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

Emery's first ever PL nil-nil?

to be brutally honest, we havent played well since the Man City game, so 7 games.

Arsenal - won but poor, Zrinjski - poor, Brentford - won but poor, Sheff utd - poor, Manure - poor, Burnley - won but poor, Everton - poor.

i think teams have seen the way to nullify us, and it is working, we dont seem to have the requisite technical/vision/guile/movement/intelligence type players to counter it, or at least not enough of them.

granted, Pau & Tielemans are a big miss, and Kamara for those 3 games, those 3 are very important to how we want to play i think.

Overall though, regardless of wins or not, the last 7 games, we have really huffed and puffed.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope they get relegated and never come back. Thugs. Utter thugs.

David Coots is so out of his depth as a premier League referee it's not even laughable anymore. He always always is a homer. A complete bottler of a ref.

How we didn't have a penalty for TWO challenges in one incident on Diaby is beyond me. Tarkoswki should have had two reds, Doucoure two yellows. Yet Villa players had more yellow cards today!?

Make it make sense!?

Watch Spurs get easy decisions now so they can have 4 of the big 6 up there now.

It's corrupt. Totally corrupt, and they aren't even hiding it anymore.

• Like 1

Lenglet motm, for me. Just one of those games where it just wouldn't go right for us. The disallowed goal kind of deflated us, had that stood, we would probably be back in second place. I'm happy with a point given the circumstances. 

Happy enough with the effort. They made it ugly and we battled and tried to gain the upper hand but didn’t quite have the puff. Remember Everton are a mid table side not relegation as they had 10 points deducted. Your City’s and Liverpool's have the quality we lack in situations like this but I’m glad we never folded. Tough point deserved for both sides. 

2 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Why is the ref giving a foul instead of the corner for the wrestling between tarkowski and watkins. This ref was all over the place. Joke of a yellow card to watkins, tielemans and lenglet. 

All the stoppages, fouls, terrible refereeing ruined the match. 

Because Thugowski would have raced to the corner of the pitch and cleared it without the ball going out.

Absolutely agree, bookings on those 3 were a joke

Ref shit. Luiz shit. Diaby shit. 

Thought Lenglet did well, and Duran lively when he came on. 

Thank god for Emi or we'd have lost that shit excuse for a match.

• Like 2

Very stop start match, hard to get fluidity but still came down to fine margins and overall we controlled enough of the game and created enough chances to have won comfortably.

Thought Watkins actually played very well today up against big lumps kicking through him every time he got the ball. Luiz and McGinn hit and miss, there’s lots to like with Duran but also plenty to frustrate, he needs to realise it’s not theatre and just get on with the game when something doesn’t go his way.

Not the worst point in the world and keeps things ticking over, need to follow up with a win in the next game against the barcodes though.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This is the problem being at the sharp end of the league. 

It's relentless, you just have to grind out the wins and find a way.  We just don't have that. 

We could have started our next game looking to go top of the league. 

Now we're likely to start our next game needing to win to stay in the top 4.

It's totally unforgiving. 

The level our game is currently - CL next season will remain a dream. Maybe 6th again.

• Like 1