Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/24 at 23:59

Didn't think we needed to take Bailey off as he was the only one trying to get in behind the defence. Duran just is not PL ready imo and I didn't think he was the right sub today, He's just a body that put's his weight about at the moment. I think he should've gone out on loan tbh.  Carlos, is a real problem, I don't know how people can pick out Lenglet as a weak link when Carlos nearly every game makes silly decisions or thinks he's playing rugby. 

I thought we undone ourselves in the second half playing Everton's game and not our own. We've been doing that a lot lately and as such do not look the threat we did less than a month ago. 

I think we'll regret not trying to get players in this month if indeed it's the clubs stance to stick with what we have. 

Not quite sure how Tarkowski managed to only get 1 yellow card today.  The number of times he went straight through the back of Watkins was unreal.  Unfortunately the likes of Klopp would have been screaming at the fourth official and probably got his point across.  Kane or Salah would have been rolling around like they'd been assassinated.  Unfortunately at times Ollie is too honest and not willing to play the dark arts.

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Didn't think we needed to take Bailey off as he was the only one trying to get in behind the defence. Duran just is not PL ready imo and I didn't think he was the right sub today, He's just a body that put's his weight about at the moment. I think he should've gone out on loan tbh.  Carlos, is a real problem, I don't know how people can pick out Lenglet as a weak link when Carlos nearly every game makes silly decisions or thinks he's playing rugby. 

I thought we undone ourselves in the second half playing Everton's game and not our own. We've been doing that a lot lately and as such do not look the threat we did less than a month ago. 

I think we'll regret not trying to get players in this month if indeed it's the clubs stance to stick with what we have. 

I would have kept Bailey on but I thought Duran did well to be honest. 

Horrible game against a team that wanted to drag us into the gutter, and succeeded too often through our own ill discipline. That said, the ref was utter dog, even more so than their usual low standards.

I don’t think Carlos is up to the Prem generally, but definitely not next to Lenglet. We build from the back and those two can’t do it anywhere near as well as Konsa and Pau, which means our whole game then suffers. 

Diaby is a passenger and I hope we don’t see him start against Newcastle, and please play McGinn on the right, he’s so much better there. 

With all the noises off about FFP Unai needs to find a way to get these players firing again, but their lack of discipline is really getting on my tits. That’s on them, not the manager. 

Moreno was ace, Luiz and Bouba very good too.

Not looking forward to Newcastle.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Very stop start match, hard to get fluidity but still came down to fine margins and overall we controlled enough of the game and created enough chances to have won comfortably.

Thought Watkins actually played very well today up against big lumps kicking through him every time he got the ball. Luiz and McGinn hit and miss, there’s lots to like with Duran but also plenty to frustrate, he needs to realise it’s not theatre and just get on with the game when something doesn’t go his way.

Not the worst point in the world and keeps things ticking over, need to follow up with a win in the next game against the barcodes though.

Dyche will be knocking one off massively. He loves a stop start game. Stop the opposition getting any momentum. Horrible manager. Horrible tactics. Yes they work but this is the man who came out and publicly said he's not a shithouse merchant and guess what, his side has just produced a shithouse performance. He's a fraud. And a plastic plop fan. Grew up in Kettering so if course supported the most successful team rathe than his nearest local team. clearing in the woods. Hope he relegates them and that stadium bankrupts them. Their whining fans deserve relegation. Representatives for Wellingborough.

2 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Tarkowski got a yellow

Yep. That’s what a said. They only got a single yellow card……somehow. Tarkowski should have had three or four on his own.

• Like 1

I thought Cash made a bit of difference when he came on, I'd still rather have him at right back and Konsa at centre back.  Probably should've knicked it 1-0, Everton made it a hard game to ref and he fell for some of their tactics.  

• Like 4

Did Everton seriously come out of that with 1 booking?! And that was a borderline red; two-footed, late and unnecessary. Nothing for Doucoure, Coleman, Onana, Mykolenko?! Multiple fouls all of them

• Like 3

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Yet Duran almost won it with a great touch from the cross from the right.  Very unlucky that that didn't creep in at the far post.  Also had he got more of a touch then probably all Pickford can do is palm it towards the penalty spot and I think we had an unmarked player there.  But I do agree - we need someone a bit better to help us win points at the death.

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Not quite sure how Tarkowski managed to only get 1 yellow card today.  The number of times he went straight through the back of Watkins was unreal.  Unfortunately the likes of Klopp would have been screaming at the fourth official and probably got his point across.  Kane or Salah would have been rolling around like they'd been assassinated.  Unfortunately at times Ollie is too honest and not willing to play the dark arts.

Did you see Tarkowski smiling after Ollie got called for throwing him onto the ground in the end? Smart move, very annoying player, but experienced and not dumb.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Dyche will be knocking one off massively. He loves a stop start game. Stop the opposition getting any momentum. Horrible manager. Horrible tactics. Yes they work but this is the man who came out and publicly said he's not a shithouse merchant and guess what, his side has just produced a shithouse performance. He's a fraud. And a plastic plop fan. Grew up in Kettering so if course supported the most successful team rathe than his nearest local team. clearing in the woods. Hope he relegates them and that stadium bankrupts them. Their whining fans deserve relegation. Representatives for Wellingborough.

I suspect @TRO would've too 😉  To be fair considering their rough house tactics and physicality I thought we held our corner quite well and refused to get bullied.

• Like 1

If points were given out for kicking opponents then Everton would be dominating the league with a points tally to make an old firm side blush. 

No coincidence that both in this game and Brentford, the game has been chaotic. Coote is atrocious and completely bowed to the crowd pressure.

Since September, Everton have only lost twice at home. To Man United and to Man City. Aside form DCL chance and the follow up, they had nothing at all. Sometimes we nab a goal and win that game, sometimes we don't and we leave with a point. 

As long as we avoid defeat away from home to decent sides like Everton we're doing fine for this run in

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 4

Â