Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/24 at 23:59

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Horrible game against a team that wanted to drag us into the gutter, and succeeded too often through our own ill discipline. That said, the ref was utter dog, even more so than their usual low standards.

I don’t think Carlos is up to the Prem generally, but definitely not next to Lenglet. We build from the back and those two can’t do it anywhere near as well as Konsa and Pau, which means our whole game then suffers. 

Diaby is a passenger and I hope we don’t see him start against Newcastle, and please play McGinn on the right, he’s so much better there. 

With all the noises off about FFP Unai needs to find a way to get these players firing again, but their lack of discipline is really getting on my tits. That’s on them, not the manager. 

Moreno was ace, Luiz and Bouba very good too.

Not looking forward to Newcastle.

Luiz was v. poor by his standards but I agree we need to get some of our underperfomers firing ASAP. Highly unlikely that we're going to have any incomings this window. 

I voted unai average, but was tempted to give the manager a poor rating today, as he hasnt managed to work out how to play against the'low block'. It's getting to be a bit of a unwelcome trend and opposition are seeing it as a reliable way of getting points from us. 

• Haha 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

Did you see Tarkowski smiling after Ollie got called for throwing him onto the ground in the end? Smart move, very annoying player, but experienced and not dumb.

Smart move! :lol:

He's a chimp. Shit ref giving him a foul made him happy. Like throwing a banana his way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Did you see Tarkowski smiling after Ollie got called for throwing him onto the ground in the end? Smart move, very annoying player, but experienced and not dumb.

He did. Said this in the thread. He knew what he was doing and he got away with it. If the ref wasn’t incompetent then Tarwkoski either would’ve been sent off or wouldn’t have been so aggressive.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

Shocking performance not helped by the constant fouling and piss poor officials.

But we do ourselves no favours with this painfully slow build up play.

Keeping posession is very powerful, but without the ability to change up the gears, it just becomes predictable and that is where we are right now.

Every one knew how we were going to play the game and how Everton would counter it.  Had we just passed with a little more urgency around the box we'd have won comfortably.

Disappointed and it's becoming more and more so.

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Luiz was v. poor by his standards but I agree we need to get some of our underperfomers firing ASAP. Highly unlikely that we're going to have any incomings this window. 

We've lost our goalscoring touch. Caused Unai his first 0-0 too.

It certainly feels that we're having a bit of an iffy patch in terms of performances at the minute. I think that the last genuinely good performance that we had was the Man City/Arsenal week. Having quite a few absences through injury/suspension hasn't helped things, but it feels like we've lost that bit of zip that we had previously. All of a sudden we look very slow and laboured.

Hopefully once we have everyone back and firing (with the exception of the long term absentees), we'll see things pick up again.

• Like 3

My input. Coote is soft as shit, nearly lost the game in the second half, had no idea what to do when the players started kicking off. No surprise really he did it all for the Everton fans.

Other than that we may be top 4, but are miles off that Liverpool team it kills me to say

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

My input. Coote is soft as shit, nearly lost the game in the second half, had no idea what to do when the players started kicking off. No surprise really he did it all for the Everton fans.

Other than that we may be top 4, but are miles off that Liverpool team it kills me to say

We are very far off Liverpool currently.

• Like 1

We really miss Torres when he’s not available. 

Don’t think we played too badly today just couldn’t quite overcome Dycheball but we were the better team I thought.

Really missing an alternative striker when Watkins isn’t firing. Diaby has massively gone off the boil aswell, first 10 games he looked a 50m player, not so sure anymore.

Just now, AVTuco said:

We are very far off Liverpool currently.

City have also had their annual blip and will go on a 25 game unbeaten streak and win the title by 10 points. 

• Like 1

Just now, allani said:

Yet Duran almost won it with a great touch from the cross from the right.  Very unlucky that that didn't creep in at the far post.  Also had he got more of a touch then probably all Pickford can do is palm it towards the penalty spot and I think we had an unmarked player there.  But I do agree - we need someone a bit better to help us win points at the death.

Yes he'll put himself about, may even grab the odd goal, but imo I don't think he's what we need and what will help us get 4th or above. It's not knocking him because he's just a kid, very naive and still quite petulant. It is what it is. 

We could probably say the same about Carlos playing CB or not having an RB option to get Ezri back central. Another DM option for Kamara. There are a few things that need addressing imo and being in this position might not come around again for a while. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

City have also had their annual blip and will go on a 25 game unbeaten streak and win the title by 10 points. 

Yep, it's between the two of them, again.

9 minutes ago, allani said:

Kane or Salah would have been rolling around like they'd been assassinated.  Unfortunately at times Ollie is too honest and not willing to play the dark arts.

Yet we moan about Salah and Kane when they do it .”Dark arts” cheat you mean ?

• Like 2

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

We really miss Torres when he’s not available. 

Don’t think we played too badly today just couldn’t quite overcome Dycheball but we were the better team I thought.

Really missing an alternative striker when Watkins isn’t firing. Diaby has massively gone off the boil aswell, first 10 games he looked a 50m player, not so sure anymore.

Personally I thought Duran was very good when he came on. Caused all sorts of problems and was very unlucky not to score. 

• Like 4

Kamara Man of the Match for me, just class.

Moreno and Martinez also very good.

Dycheball, thought we'd see it, thuggery. Tarkowski should have been sent off. Coleman is a little p***k too, he's got a screw loose.

VAR killed us again, like the Sheffield United game. That was a goal, even the commentators were dumbfounded. Absolute farce, seems like a conspiracy as the PL would much rather have other teams in Villa's place.

Villa should be four points better off and top of the PL.

• Haha 2

Â