Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/24 at 23:59

Everton very much the Sean Dyche team, scrappy, dirty, hoofing anti-football. Awful officiating once again. Everton are mostly shit, but we should have done better there. Just a horrible game really. 

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

First half was good, we were well in control but failed to create anything massively clear cut.

Second half was scrappy, no fluidity at all.  Suited Everton down to the ground.

It's not a bad point, though., I

thought we were far better in the second half 

Edited by Follyfoot

We played poorly today.

2 points lost.

Need to sort diaby out somehow because he's taking up baileys space or seems to be no where. 

Also need torres back ASAP whilst lenglet was OK, we are just too slow in moving the ball from defence and he telegrapgs every pass by having his entire body facing where he will eventually pass it.

Sometimes it's how it goes but we should have changed this far sooner than we did and whilst I can see that emery wanted the overload on the right to afford monero space, we couldn't take any advantage from when he did get the ball.

A disappointing game to watch and a disappointing result.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It probably feels worse than it is - we were the better side and we've come away with a point and a clean sheet from an away game at a side that aren't as bad as their league position suggests. We've not had the best of the referee and we've become used to snatching these, so it's a bit deflating, but we're okay I reckon.

Everton play a little bit on the edge and both their centrebacks are more than capable of getting away with a bit if the referee is weak - I thought Coote got weaker as it went on, but I don't think he quite ruined the game. 

We need to be a bit sharper up top, we need a couple of players back and we'll be fine.

I'm taking this one as another point gained.

Yeah I think it's a decent point. They turned it into a physical match and i'm pleased we stood up to the challenge. Like you say they're not as bad as their league position either, they're effectively the 12th placed team. Another battling point and a rare clean sheet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

Ref cost us, he bowed to the Everton fans, weak.

This is so spot on. They’ve somehow escaped with a single yellow card and we got 4! What the actual…… He was woeful throughout and rewarded the team who made no attempt to play football and just wanted a fight every two minutes. It was so frustrating.

We’re desperately missing JJ/Youri/Buendia in between the lines, evidently as Tielemans made a big difference once he came on.

On top of that we need much, much more from Watkins and Diaby.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I understand the need not to risk the point in injury time but I do find the complete lack of urgency frustrating at times.

We created a few chances at the end by sucking Everton into pressing us high up the pitch and then playing the ball into the space behind them.

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

The level our game is currently - CL next season will remain a dream. Maybe 6th again.

Bit early to write us off yet. Depends how they react to a poor performance. Maybe this will prompt some activity in the transfer market. Another striker would be nice.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

This is so spot on. They’ve somehow escaped with a single yellow card and we got 4! What the actual…… He was woeful throughout and rewarded the team who made no attempt to play football and just wanted a fight every two minutes. It was so frustrating.

Tarkowski got a yellow

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Horrible anti football team , hopefully the league can find some more financial wrong doing and give them some more deductions .

Not why we struggle so much v the shit teams , but it could be the difference between CL football next season or not 

some spark in Jan window would be nice 

This.

Absolutely this.

Just now, AVTuco said:

The level our game is currently - CL next season will remain a dream. Maybe 6th again.

I don't know. We're in a dip currently. It may be temporary and 2e return to form again. I think we've not realised how crucial Pau is to our attack. Let's see what happens when he's back. It's a long time since we've have all Luiz, Pau, Karama and McGinn all available to start together. 

The danger is falling behind too much before we hit form again. 

a point is a point but too many poor performances out there and we didn’t look sharp enough l. 
Everton are poor but Dyche gets them doing what a Dyche team does. 

As for Coote, well, very poor officiating and yet again didn’t get a proper grip on the game. I know it’s a difficult job but what an awful ref. 

Â