Youri Tielemans

thejoker

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Let's say both got injured then what cover do we have!? We nearly had a scenario of both Moreno and Digne out and against Liverpool had to move Ashley Young to left back and bring a clearly unfit Cash on.

We need numbers and on a free it's an absolute no brainer and Unai will have him at top levels.

100%

• Like 1

A couple of years a go this guy was considered one of the best young players in the Premier League.

Many pundits thought his next move from Leicester would be to a Champions league club.

That player is still there…..he can be found again.

Unai can find him.

• Like 4

Tielemans isn't an holding midfielder, he's more of an attacking midfielder, he would likely be more of a alternative option for McGinn and Ramsey than competition for Boubacar or Douglas.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Tielemans isn't an holding midfielder, he's more of an attacking midfielder, he would likely be more of a alternative option for McGinn and Ramsey than competition for Boubacar or Douglas.

I suppose I just hoped we would go for players that were better than our current players rather than squad fillers. Maybe I'm being unrealistic.

1 minute ago, MarkLillis said:

A couple of years a go this guy was considered one of the best young players in the Premier League.

Many pundits thought his next move from Leicester would be to a Champions league club.

Unai can find him.

People said that same about Drinkwater and Barkley.  IF we can get the player of 2 seasons back then he'd be a very good signing if we are playing something more like a 4-3-3.  Probably in place of McGinn.  Just feels like a very big IF to me.  But if anyone can then you would expect that Emery can.

7 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Unai can find him.

He’s still got it, it’s in his pocket. 

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I can’t see him playing in the wider midfield positions 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I can’t see him playing in the wider midfield positions 

our left wide midfielder cuts inside and the left full back becomes the winger tbh.

Not saying he would or wouldnt play there, but our "left midfielder", isnt a left winger, its more of a left inside 10 (or left inside 8).....who knows lol..

Suppose it depends on the system Emery plays next season, who knows.

• Like 1

Very talented but become a true highlights player in the last couple of seasons. Can score absolutely obscenely goals but not delivering that much else. He does have that talent though and Emery seems to have a knack of getting the best out of a player. We need a squad with depth...

Very much in the camp that if Emery wants him that's good enough for me.

I've not watched enough of Leicester to judge his performances of late, but if we can get the player of the couple of seasons before this one, on a free transfer, that's great business.

I think the other side of this is that our midfield first team is already strong. Hard to drop any of Ramsey, Luiz, Kamara and McGinn from the first XI, so are we really going to spend big £ on another CM? 

If doing this rather that Guendouzi - who I am not convinced is even a better player - means we can spend more to land our top targets in the forward positions, then I'm all for it. 

We need goals from across the team. 

We need to add about 5 players to be able to cope with European football, and we can't afford all of them to be improvements on our first team.

Emery has form for improving players or helping them find previous levels of performance after going off track.

This is a very sensible signing as I doubt the wage demands would be huge. If Emery signs him then it rubber stamps the attitude concerns as nothing to worry about for me. 

If he doesn't sign then it will be because we didn't want him (unlike the Asensio/Ugarte rumours).

2 hours ago, GrumpyFox said:

Hello Villains!

A slightly embarrassed and still fuming Leicester fan coming in peace. 

Most of my family follow the Villa and have been asking about both Youri and Barnes a fair bit so I thought it come along and give you a point of view on the pair. 

Youri, he’s had a bizarre career following his professional debut, and I guess the first thing to consider is that he seems to have the same ending to most of his contracts… he somewhat fades out and then disappears. He came to us after being dropped by Monaco, and in all honesty he was a revelation initially. The good things about Youri’s game are, he is a thinkers footballer, Rodgers often stated he was like having a coach on the pitch, which was clear to see at times. Youri is very good at organisation, and he has the ability to read the game fairly well and does have a very good range of passing, both short and long. 

His best traits are probably an ability to pull off the risky passes, he can play those passes through the centre of the pitch, and is pretty good at picking out quick wide players and attackers early. He also has a screamer in him too and he is pretty robust, he rarely gets injured and he starts to flourish when he is played consistently, which is also a pain as it will take him about ten games to get going. 

However, he does have a few flaws…. One being he isn’t an athlete at all, he is unfortunate very slow, and this gets him caught out a lot, particularly when he looks for those risky passes, one of our biggest downfalls last season was conceding possession needlessly in the transition of play, and it often began with Youri playing a risky pass that doesn’t come off and then he doesn’t have the athleticism to get back and defend. It is vital that you have players around him that can make up for this. But, having said that on a free would he be a pretty good signing for you? I’d argue potentially. He has bags and bags of European experience, and he has been an international since 17 I believe, so again, he is vastly experienced for a young-ish player.

It is possibly one of those situations where he gets overlooked by some clubs due to our situation, but under a coach like Emery he could flourish and it’s if anything a bit more strength in depth. 

I hope it gives you a bit of an insight to him, I wouldn’t read too much into last seasons stats, as we were largely diabolical in all areas for the whole season, so I’d consider that when looking at him.

I’ll pop over the the Barnes thread at some stage and give an overview of him, but I will say I’ve been extremely impressed with how you guys have gone about your business since returning to the premier league, Emery has you going along at a good pace, so I hope next season is fruitful for you with more progression!  

Cheers Lester fan

• Haha 3

Â