Youri Tielemans

thejoker

I’m not sure he was even that bad this season. Leicester fans are just really annoyed about what’s happened to them.

According to Whoscored, he had the 90th highest average performance rating of all players in the PL. His rating, 6.80, was the same as John Stones and Silva, who most would consider as having good seasons. It’s also, only 0.01 behind our very own captain fantastic. 
I think he’s a good player who would be a very smart signing for us. He needs a fresh start and I’d back Unai to turn him back into a £50m midfielder. Having said all of that, I don’t think we are even interested;

• Like 1

9 hours ago, picicata said:

I suppose I just hoped we would go for players that were better than our current players rather than squad fillers. Maybe I'm being unrealistic.

This is going to be an issue with our transfers. Since Unai proved our squad was not complete duds it makes the market harder to sign players better than what we have unless signing from higher up the food chain like Asensio

• Like 1

Replace Leicester with us, and Tielemans with McGinn and the situations would be the same.

Clearly a talented player, lost his way in a poor team. Full international, and was considered one of the best young midfielders in the league not long ago.

An absolute no-brainer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fan perspective of players often ties in to the results of the team. Leicester go from an easy top half team to a relegated team within a season. In that situation, Leicester fans are always going to under rate their “better” players. Much like the reserve perspective from villa fans. Under Gerrard and flirting with relegation, we thought we had a squad of trash. One manager later and that trash is playing in Europe. Fans chucking pelters at players like McGinn under Gerrard to raving about them under Emery. Tielemans will be a fantastic signing for Villa.

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

We. Need. A. Squad.

No brainer on a free.

Tielemans won't be a squad player though.

He'll go straight in ahead of Mcginn for sure.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I disagree on this one.

McGinn is one of our best midfielders.

Tielemans will be useful though in such a busy season. 

When McGinn is needing rested it will ideal to have the quality if Tielamans to step in and take his place.

Competition for places is not a bad thing.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I am not saying it won’t happen. Just that we are reacting to someone with zero credibility saying we might make a move happen. 

Can we agree that we don't need to go into a big old conspiracy theory about what journalists are scum, which are liars, which are wrong and right every single time we have a transfer link?

We know your views, you don't need to rehash it every single time. I remember last summer you were doing exactly the same thing, it's boring.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I've actually seen nowhere near enough of him, or he's not stood out.

What kind of midfielder is he?

Two years ago you'd have said he was one of the most promising midfielders in Europe.   Today I'm not sure he'd get into our starting XI.   Obviously he's going to get linked with a lot of clubs this summer, no way would he be staying in the Championship even if he had time left on his Leicester contract but on a free? He's gonna get loads of offers and I can totally see why were are interested.    If he does come here then it's going to be for depth and he's going to be competing with either Dougie or John McGinn for a spot in the first XI. 

34 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

McGinn is left footed and plays in RM. Tielemans is right footed and will play in CM. He plays left side of midfield 3 at Leicester. He's competition for Luiz/Kamara or maybe JJ.

• Like 1

Â