Youri Tielemans

thejoker

31 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I've actually seen nowhere near enough of him, or he's not stood out.

What kind of midfielder is he?

I always worried when he came off the bench for Leicester whenever we played them.

He would lift Leicester and they would definately give us a game, he was a game changer type of player for them too and a pain in the arse for us.

I also recall Arsenal were also interested in signing him not so long ago either.

He would be a good squad addition for us this coming season.

• Like 1

He’s a top player there is no doubt about his quality..

I question his mentality, he contributed to Leicesters relegation.

Did he down tools so he could get a big move for UCL football?? Because if so that’s backfired.

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I always worried when he came off the bench for Leicester whenever we played them.

He would lift Leicester and they would definately give us a game, he was a game changer type of player for them too and a pain in the arse for us.

I also recall Arsenal were also interested in signing him not so long ago either.

He would be a good squad addition for us this coming season.

So what type of player is he? 🤣

image.png.36ebfaa37db97bf14fc27da150a2ff61.pngimage.png.5c4cac5d13e5ca6f0ddb4f7cdbeb28ab.pngimage.png.6df9220876a2189286a98a59d44cb320.png

Interesting similar player lists for the last three seasons. Both McGinn and Luiz being the most similar players in two of those seasons.

Seems then exactly like the type of midfielder we want to be bringing in, being an option either in the pivot or in the more advanced two in the midfield 4.

Output looks good in terms of passing progression, solid defensive numbers and a decent enough goal/assist return prior to this season.

• Like 2

He's been available on a free for everyone outside of the PL since 1st Jan and for the PL since 1st June (?)

The whole "approach soon" stuff is bullshit, if we were genuinely interested we'd have bumped in to his agent at a brum restaurant months ago

I'd definitely take him though, think he'd give proper competition to our midfield and we can use another one, Emery + that non guarantee of starting we should get the best out of him, if that fails we should still be able to shift him for double digits

He'd be a great signing on a free. Gives us real competition for Luiz/Kamara and depth in CM

I hope we can pull it off as would be annoying missing out on another player so early into the window

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He's come off the bench one time in last 7 vs us. He usually starts. Are you thinking of someone else?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He’s a top player there is no doubt about his quality..

I question his mentality, he contributed to Leicesters relegation.

Did he down tools so he could get a big move for UCL football?? Because if so that’s backfired.

Why would he down tools? Surely as his contract was expiring his performances in his final season were important to attract the most interest from other clubs

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He'd be a great signing on a free. Gives us real competition for Luiz/Kamara and depth in CM

I hope we can pull it off as would be annoying missing out on another player so early into the window

If we miss out it's because we were never interested and Evans and Nursey source is the LCFC kid on Twitter saying his mate knows his wife and trust him, or they check VT threads

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If we miss out it's because we were never interested and Evans and Nursey source is the LCFC kid on Twitter saying his mate knows his wife and trust him, or they check VT threads

Gregg works for the Athletic. They have excellent network of contacts and Gregg has been bang on often enough. Now is that because of the Athletic - I'd say so - not his specific contacts

Edited by CVByrne

I would imagine the combined wages of Sanson and Nakamba would cover a lot of what Tielemans would be on (plus whatever we managed to recover from selling them). 

Plus, I assume we’d occasionally play Tielemans from time to time so in that sense he’d be an upgrade.

It seems/feels like the budget is going to be focused more in the attacking positions and that central midfield is less of a concern, just improving our options there for relatively little outlay. If that is the thinking then this makes sense to me.

• Like 2

God how many threads have been started off the back of Evans articles which haven’t come to anything. Surely when a thread is started needs to be looked at! 

Edited by Tayls

If we can get the Youri Tielemans of 18 months ago then we have another cracking midfielder in our squad to go with the others we have & he is only 26 yrs old & with Emery's track record on how he gets the best out of players then maybe could be even better than he was at Leicester.  Great edition of we can bag him 👌

Â