Youri Tielemans

thejoker

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Lionel’s are usually pretty damn good at football. 

Lionel Martin?

lionel martin.jpg

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Tielemans for free to bolster a threadbare squad is as close as you get to a no brainer, surely? 

particularly at 26 , Belgium International.

Players do lose their way in poorly performing teams and we have a "ring master" for under performers......this is a no brainer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t think this will happen as I think he’ll go to Arsenal, but if with this free transfer we ended up with a midfield selection of, say, Kamara, Dougie, Ramsey, McGinn, Buendia and Tielemans competing for four spots across the middle each week, that’s a nice position to be in. Hardly just a body. People have to get over this idea of “who does player X replace in the team and is definitely better than?” - that’s not how building a team/squad works. It’s not about 11 players any more.

But then in theory Tielemans isn't playing and we come to renew contracts and they want the same 120k parity.

I'm not against the signing but just because he's free doesn't make it a no brainer as people state.

His decent stats underly a midfield who has generally been plodding for 2 seasons straight now.

...and again we have the same FFP whizzes that think because someone is free and we've amortised a lot of our current squad it is fine to play 120k -150k on a player that's not really going to improve the 11.

No brainer, improves the squad which is what we need. I actually think he would surprise a few.

Would prefer it if he was 29 though.

With the Euro 2024 next year and Copa America, competition for places this coming season will benefit us. McGinn, Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans and Dendoncker should all be up for it with a chance of them getting into their respective nations squads. We should see our midfielders at their best.

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

But then in theory Tielemans isn't playing and we come to renew contracts and they want the same 120k parity.

I'm not against the signing but just because he's free doesn't make it a no brainer as people state.

His decent stats underly a midfield who has generally been plodding for 2 seasons straight now.

...and again we have the same FFP whizzes that think because someone is free and we've amortised a lot of our current squad it is fine to play 120k -150k on a player that's not really going to improve the 11.

Leicester have been run terribly for a few seasons now, and he’s wanted out in that time. We also don’t know what Emery wants him for so it’s hard to say wether or not he improves our starting 11 yet 

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Great at free kicks......"bends 'em like Beckham"

I heard he is more liable to "spoon" it over the bar.

Â