Youri Tielemans

thejoker

not implying we will or wont sign him.

Gregg Evans saying something though, is basically the same level as Bob Down the pub saying it, Gregg Evans knows about as much about Villa's transfer dealings as Slippy Gerrard does about coaching.

If his last season of so was a loss of form rather than ability then he'll be a good signing on a free as long as the contract is reasonable. Remains to be seen I guess.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

If his last season of so was a loss of form rather than ability then he'll be a good signing on a free as long as the contract is reasonable. Remains to be seen I guess.

Honestly his numbers were kind of better last year than before. 

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Can't go wrong with a free transfer but he's not better than Luiz or Kamara. Nowhere close imo. 

Would be a good midfield option to have though. 

You can't compare him to kamara hw isnt a DM

Seriously though, a no brainer for me. Leicester turned down £60m from Man United 2 seasons ago after, apparently, granting him a move of a club bettered £50m.

Edited by stewiek2

We need a squad. He was one of the most coveted players in his position a year ago, and has since had a basket case of a club on and off the pitch. Think how poorly thought of McGinn was 6 months ago, and look at him now. If anyone can get Tielemans back to his best, Emery can. This is a no brainer for me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Seriously though, a no brainer for me. Leicester turned down £60m from Man United 2 seasons ago after, apparently, granting him a move of a club bettered £50m.

Leverkusen rejected a similar bid from Chelsea for Bailey before we signed him 😉

Ideal player to have for the extra games we have. A squad of interchangeable players will help villa to stay competitive in the league and the cups. 

Also, he was highly rated a season or two ago. Unai can be the manager to help him find that form again. 

Â