Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/05/23 at 22:59

9 minutes ago, smg said:

Only read the first page but it seems these days we concentrate more on the officials performance than the teams performance.

I didn't think they were that bad...

Yes, it was frustrating with all the delayed flags from the linesman...but the important thing is, he got them all right. And in our favour.

As for Kane's penalty...first, I didn't think it was offside. They showed that replay here in the States and he looked even to me. As for the foul, it could have gone either way. Emi clearly missed the ball and clearly got Kane. Kane embellished, but that doesn't meant that he wasn't fouled. The ball was not playable by the time the foul happened, and in the good old days, refs didn't give fouls when the ball wasn't playable, but that doesn't seem to be the case these days.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, smg said:

Only read the first page but it seems these days we concentrate more on the officials performance than the teams performance.

It is becoming a bit of an obsession on here.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

not sure if its been mentioned but you could get a penalty for grabbing someones wrist and punching yourself in the face these days

Don't think it's come up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Only 3 minutes added on against Wolves last week despite two head injuries. They added on 6 minutes for reasons they only know. The corruption is actually sickening. 

In fairness it took them a good five minutes to spot what was officially a "clear and obvious error"

• Like 1

Total respect to Unai for picking them up after the last two disappointing performances and redrilling them in the game plan, which they delivered magnificently. It’s disappointing we didn’t score more in the first half and words can’t describe my feelings about that word removed Kane but we held firm and got the deserved result.

MOTM just goes to Mings based on all the info I have but clearly this was another all-round excellent team performance.

Europe still in our sights!

52 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Worse was Bailey being given offside and Spurs being allowed to take the free kick from inside our half

This was like a lesson in logical paradox. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Blame the officials not the people who suffer the consequences 

I like a moan as much as the next person but page 1 of the post-match thread where we've won and gone joint 6th being all about the consolation pen shows it might be going a bit far.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

This is the point at which contact occurred. Someone wants to explain why his legs have buckled like that?

B4D95281-1840-4941-B9A0-777525ABC89E.jpeg

No ref is not going to give that. The ‘corruption’ cries are just small time. 

• Like 2

Magnificent for 80mins or so. McGinn was outstanding, just what you want from your captain. He's a different player under Emery. McGinn and Konza both had great games and fair dues to Bailey who was much improved today. What a pleasure it is to be a Villa supporter right now.

• Like 1

Great performance, McGinn the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Ref was a disgrace, Romero went through the back of one of our players 4 times and only got booked for the last one. McGinn fouls the England captain and immediately gets a yellow, it would be easier for the ref to give Kane the whistle at the start of the game as he basically refs the game anyway 🤬

Â