Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/05/23 at 22:59

9 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Kane ran into Emi after turning the ball away from him. In today's game that will be a pen. Kane or no Kane. 

Didn’t Watkins get a yellow for simulation doing the exact thing either last year or the year before?

17 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

That dive and the disgraceful refereeing has left me in the weird state of being pissed off even though we’ve just done the double over spurs. We should have had a clean sheet, but we were robbed of it. 

Same. If not for Luiz’s excellent free kick we’d have been shafted there

• Like 1

Not up to the same standard as the Newcastle game in the second half, but they showed good character to get the second goal after finally being put under a period of pressure. Luiz didn't have his best game but showed really good technique to get it over the wall and down

McGinn was incredible today, a joy to watch when he turns into space and drives forward. Was worried about discipline after the early yellow but he maintained his intensity without ever walking the tightrope after that.

Reiterating that this has been Mings' best season for us, he's adapted to playing the ball out from the back extremely well and while he's not error-free, the talking point that he has one major dropped bollock in every game has slowly receded out of existence afaik

The challenge for the pen was a clear pen, but yeah it's just why the offside aspect of the check was announced as complete with no transparency after the single replay showed him looking off. Thankfully every other one of their attacks was visibly, hilariously two yards off. Match of the Day might clear it up if they can be arsed

Hopefully goal difference doesn't come into it at the end of the season, still a lot to do.

• Like 3

Let's not let the penalty decision cloud what was a superb performance from us, we had some moments of uncertainty for their chances, the few they had, that we gave to them.

We controlled large sections of the game and another day we could have scored at least another goal if not 2.

Mings my motm but Moreno, Konsa and McGinn all had good games, not to mention Ramsey.

On the ref........Martinez  never got a touch and Kane did, not sure if he was offside but it was a close call, if he was onside then its a penalty.  The ref however constantly ignored Spurs fouling us and punished us when we returned the favour, McGinns yellow was bizarre as spurs had just committed a similar foul that went completely unpunished.

The linesman was horrendous,  he was letting play go on for minutes after clear offsides and then flagging, they wasn't even close decisions. 

Fantastic result, Emery is the 2nd coming. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They did spend a while checking the offside on my feed, though didn’t show the lines. 

If only they'd took so long over the blatant penalty we should have had first half when Emerson Royal two footed Ollie 🙄

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Apparently we hadn't beaten Spurs at home since 2008 (is that right?)

Also six home wins in a row, first time in 30 years.

was gonna ask that, when was the last time we won 6 in a row at home!?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

What you talking about? Martinez never touched it. It was a pretty clear cut penalty. 

It was a pretty clear offside but no lines shown of course. On my perfectly legal US stream it clearly shows him offside 

10 minutes ago, Ponky said:

When are we ever going to get a penalty? We've had what, three all season?

Had very strong shouts for one about 4 matches running. No way Salah or Kane or Fernandes doesn't get a penalty for that tackle against Ollie in the first half.

Last minute of the Brighton game hopefully

Just now, SuperTed said:

If anyone can find a still of Kane in the buildup to the penalty showing if he was on or off, I’d appreciate it 😁

Probably no where to be found anywhere, but you know! 

Exactly!

no red/blue line

i could’ve sworn he was offside

Â