Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/05/23 at 22:59

Ah what a brilliant performance

i swear mcginn was actively taking the piss most of the game. Supreme performance from probably the cheapest bought player on the pitch

As for grumbles, the one that had me most irate was when mcginn and son went shoulder to shoulder after buendia getting his Achilles raked and son getting the decision. I was incensed!

6 minutes ago, Powehi said:

I like a moan as much as the next person but page 1 of the post-match thread where we've won and gone joint 6th being all about the consolation pen shows it might be going a bit far.

Could cost up Europe, that’s why fans are rightly annoyed!

Takes a lot of cojones to coach the team to play that high of an offside trap.

This guy really knows his stuff. Suffocated Tottenham for 80 minutes then took Ollie off and said good luck trying to score against this. 

58 minutes ago, smg said:

Only read the first page but it seems these days we concentrate more on the officials performance than the teams performance.

Don’t get me wrong I’m chuffed to bits but it’s infuriating that we’re trying, against all odds a few months back, to break into Europe and yet beating a team comfortably isn’t enough when the officials are so dire. 

12 minutes ago, Powehi said:

Right, not the 10-odd game headstart we gave other teams due to the Scouse chancer. Got ya

It’s the here and present that counts. Not really sure why a Villa fan would have a problem with other fans thinking the ref was shite, which he was, odd.

1 minute ago, WHY said:

It’s the here and present that counts. Not really sure why a Villa fan would have a problem with other fans thinking the ref was shite, which he was, odd.

I don't have a problem with it, I made an additional observation to the original post stating that we spend more time analysing the ref's performance than our own.  

Have a good weekend, enjoy the win. UTV

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Powehi said:

I like a moan as much as the next person but page 1 of the post-match thread where we've won and gone joint 6th being all about the consolation pen shows it might be going a bit far.

It wasn’t just a consolation penalty though. It’s caused undue stress and resulted in us talking about it rather than enjoying a comfortable 2 or 3 nil result that the performance warranted. That’s why it’s infuriating. Not to mention that European qualification could well hinge on that goal.

I wish I was in here waxing lyrical about another total football performance by a team who look every part champions league contenders, but I’m not, I'm pissed off at a kane and the officials yet again - when as you said I should be happy. That’s the problem.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It wasn’t just a consolation penalty though. It’s caused undue stress and resulted in us talking about it rather than enjoying a comfortable 2 or 3 nil result that the performance warranted. That’s why it’s infuriating. Not to mention that European qualification could well hinge on that goal.

I wish I was in here waxing lyrical about another total football performance by a team who look every part champions league contenders, but I’m not, I'm pissed off at a kane and the officials yet again - when as you said I should be happy. That’s the problem.

Sure. I'm going to enjoy a decent performance and win against a lacklustre Spurs where we're now extremely likely to have Europe in our own hands at home on the last day. You can watch the VAR slo-mo replay again and call the ref a clearing in the woods. UTV

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Surely the best display of a team using a high line all season? Seeing son's reaction for being offside for like the 6th time just before the final whistle was beautiful.

Son must be on his way back to London on the coach tonight feeling like he should be on the train. The guy was literally offside all afternoon. 

Â