Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/05/23 at 22:59

With perspective, the officiating team was still poor, 

But that isn't the real point or the real story.  We won.  We beat the opponent despite the ineptitude and inequities in the officials.  Well done lads.

I've seen us crumble many games when the officiating was inept or biased.  Winning despite the slanted deck is a noteworthy accomlishment.  UTV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomC said:

When was the last time you saw someone booked for diving? Pierluigi Collina was never afraid to do it...and saw less of it later in his career because the players knew better.

Almiron actually got booked for diving today

Just got home and watching match of the day … that spurs pen is a disgusting dive from Kane .. what’s the point of Var if it buys that shit 

We are so superior to them it's ridiculous. What a nice feeling to watch that game sort of breeze by as we kicked the ball around in their half. It's so nice to be better than Tottenham and Chelsea.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We are so superior to them it's ridiculous. What a nice feeling to watch that game sort of breeze by as we kicked the ball around in their half. It's so nice to be better than Tottenham and Chelsea.

I don’t understand? According to the London media you can’t be right because Martinez is looking to upgrade to them…😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t understand? According to the London media you can’t be right because Martinez is looking to upgrade to them…😂😂😂

I really hope Chelsea struggle to recruit the players they want and struggle to offload their deadwood and just fart around at midtable all season long. I have a feeling it won't end well with Pochettino.

• Like 2

One of the few I have been too this season. SJM incredible , what a change since UNI has arrived. Ref did all he could for Spurs. WTF was wrong with the linesman normally waving for anything, I thought at.one time he was paralysed (why wait so long) Kane is an F ing cheat. Watched  MOTD and not changed my mind about anything. Disappointed that they didn't give the penalty more views 

Edited by Robtaylor200

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Just got home and watching match of the day … that spurs pen is a disgusting dive from Kane .. what’s the point of Var if it buys that shit 

Martinez literally comes steaming out, gets none of the ball and spreads his entire body in front of Kane to either run into, trip over, dive, whatever you like.

It's a penalty. I feel I'm going insane seeing everyone complain about this.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Martinez literally comes steaming out, gets none of the ball and spreads his entire body in front of Kane to either run into, trip over, dive, whatever you like.

My son inlaw completely agreed with you. But there again he is a Spurs fan

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Watch the clip, its manufactured, cheating.

Kane kicks the ball away, so Emi misses it, then jumps even before contact. It's not a penalty, refs are shit.

Like I said in a previous post, most genuine players I have seen jump over the player there, cheating Kane drags his legs over.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, SuperTed said:

If anyone can find a still of Kane in the buildup to the penalty showing if he was on or off, I’d appreciate it 😁

Probably no where to be found anywhere, but you know! 

This is the best I can come up with, certainly looks tight.

F447A6EA-2253-478B-9CBB-E3E860107E6B.thumb.jpeg.2ac56c7967352d9947e6275b31adadb7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

What I understood from the Match of the Day summarizers today.

If they had been playing we would have lost 37-2.

Google search.
In a 16-year professional career in which he scored 330 goals at club and international level, Lineker never found the target or finished on the winning side at Villa Park.

”In my day ……” 😂😂😂😂😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Watch the clip, its manufactured, cheating.

Kane kicks the ball away, so Emi misses it, then jumps even before contact. It's not a penalty, refs are shit.

Like I said in a previous post, most genuine players I have seen jump over the player there, cheating Kane drags his legs over.

Players making sure other teams player can't tackle or win the ball and then getting fouled.

More at ten.

I think that's just football.

2 minutes ago, Cridontour said:

This is the best I can come up with, certainly looks tight.

F447A6EA-2253-478B-9CBB-E3E860107E6B.thumb.jpeg.2ac56c7967352d9947e6275b31adadb7.jpeg

I had a good still of it in TV yesterday, as good as the line, he's knee is just offside no doubt. Terrible decision, you can imagine in the VAR office they were flapping and concentrating on the penalty incident. 

Â