Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/05/23 at 22:59

On a side note, the referee did give us a generous ten yards for Spurs Wall when Dougie scored. Spurs players were moaning at the ref while we were celebrating. 

15 minutes ago, NeilS said:

On a side note, the referee did give us a generous ten yards for Spurs Wall when Dougie scored. Spurs players were moaning at the ref while we were celebrating. 

The free kick was took 2 yards back from the foul, he gave us nothing.

Just now, tinker said:

The free kick was took 2 yards back from the foul, he gave us nothing.

That’s true, the fouls was on the D but the momentum took Ollie a couple of yards away. I also cannot believe he didn’t book their player (Romero I think) who kick him from behind.

I said to the guy next to me it was on the D, but it might be better to be a little further out. Thankfully for once I was right and we scored. 😂

You are correct though, Bankes the referee was awful and gave us absolutely nothing all match, I was just looking for one small ray of light in that shit show of a refereeing performance . 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NeilS said:

That’s true, the fouls was on the D but the momentum took Ollie a couple of yards away. I also cannot believe he didn’t book their player (Romero I think) who kick him from behind.

I said to the guy next to me it was on the D, but it might be better to be a little further out. Thankfully for once I was right and we scored. 😂

You are correct though, Bankes the referee was awful and gave us absolutely nothing all match, I was just looking for one small ray of light in that shit show of a refereeing performance . 😂

MacPhee had a thing about the 10 yards not being followed,  he spoke to the fa over it. Think the players let the ref set the wall up and then pace 10 yards back themselves to get the distances right,  rather than relying on the ref to get it right. Sometimes this means we pull the free kick back a bit to get the 10.

Tbh I was surprised Doug scored, can't remember the last time he did, from a free kick.....not a corner 🤔.  

Just now, AlwaysAVFC said:

Which reminds me that Spurs took a free kick for offside in our half!

This was unbelievable, the fa needs to be asked about this , blatantly shit refereeing or unconscious bias. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Emi didn’t touch the ball but Kane collapsed into him before any contact, it’s his best skill, his brain works like Neo reading the matrix code when an opportunity to buy a penalty arises.

Otherwise known as "being clever"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

No ref is not going to give that. The ‘corruption’ cries are just small time. 

Give me a shout when someone gets that against a top 6 club.

48 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

It's not corruption. It's an inherent bias that needs to be got rid of.

• Like 4

Ok, MOTD showed the non foul on Watkins in the first half. Why was that not reviewed? I know why it was not reviewed, you can guarantee if that was Kane VAR would have found a way to give that!

7 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Ok, MOTD showed the non foul on Watkins in the first half. Why was that not reviewed? I know why it was not reviewed, you can guarantee if that was Kane VAR would have found a way to give that!

And the panel gave the decisions exactly zero mentions.

• Like 1

KANE WAS OFFSIDE!

Only slightly, but he was offside for the pen, commentators even said it, Sherwood was saying it won't be a pen on SSN, MoTD just wanna discuss 30 seconds of the high liine, something it seems Wright-Phillps didn't understand??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enda said:

And the panel gave the decisions exactly zero mentions.

Yep, no surprises. Sweep it under the rug, and retain the status quo.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

KANE WAS OFFSIDE!

Only slightly, but he was offside for the pen, commentators even said it, Sherwood was saying it won't be a pen on SSN, MoTD just wanna discuss 30 seconds of the high liine, something it seems Wright-Phillps didn't understand??

It was closer than I first thought at the match, but his knee looked offside to me, I don’t recall seeing the lines being brought out by the pundits afterwards though. I wonder why?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomC said:

As for Kane's penalty...first, I didn't think it was offside. They showed that replay here in the States and he looked even to me. As for the foul, it could have gone either way. Emi clearly missed the ball and clearly got Kane. Kane embellished, but that doesn't meant that he wasn't fouled. The ball was not playable by the time the foul happened, and in the good old days, refs didn't give fouls when the ball wasn't playable, but that doesn't seem to be the case these days.

I just saw the penalty from another angle and it's pretty obvious that Kane deliberately runs his foot into Emi. I take back what I said. Should have been a yellow card for Kane.

When was the last time you saw someone booked for diving? Pierluigi Collina was never afraid to do it...and saw less of it later in his career because the players knew better.

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

Yep, no surprises. Sweep it under the rug, and retain the status quo.

It was closer than I first thought at the match, but his knee looked offside to me, I don’t recall seeing the lines being brought out by the pundits afterwards though. I wonder why?

Something definately off about this. If they want to make MoTD half interesting these are the sort of decisions should definately be talked about.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LondonLax said:

He does it all the time. If he was on our side we’d be calling him a legend but it’s bloody infuriating to play against. 

sorry, I would not be approving.  I didn't like it when bailey went down easy and was moaning for a call.  I didn't like it when Grealish did it either.  It's cheap, it's cheating.  I don't care what color the shirt.

Â