Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/05/23 at 22:59

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

What is going on in here, it's a blatant penalty 😂 I know the ref wasn't exactly great otherwise but come on. The level of fury and misery after a good win here is something else.

He’s mid dive before there’s any contact. Kane ‘contacts’ Martinez. 

Just now, LondonLax said:

I have no doubt Kane made the most of it but the ref had no choice with that one unfortunately (not that the ref was any good today). 

I disagree. 

I think it's a penalty if Kane has a chance of getting the ball or could do something with it (you can have fouls with no contact) or, indeed, if Martinez actually makes contact with Kane.  However, it's just Kane kicking the ball away and then collapsing over the goalkeeper.  Just not a foul.

• Like 1

Just now, KMitch said:

This...  Kane looked to be 100% offside to me and I thought the whole thing was going to get called back.  I was shocked when he went over to the VAR monitor.

They did spend a while checking the offside on my feed, though didn’t show the lines. 

I thought the ref was generally turd today, but Kane probably did win a legit penalty there, and would be given 9 times out of 10. Looked offside to me in the build up though? Funny how VAR never showed that.

Hojbjerg is a **** nobhead.

Weird game, but good to get 6 points off them this season.

Mad how they get treated like they're a bigger club than us.

Just now, LondonLax said:

He does it all the time. If he was on our side we’d be calling him a legend but it’s bloody infuriating to play against. 

We kind of had one like this in Grealish.

• Like 1

Just now, Indigo said:

What is going on in here, it's a blatant penalty 😂 I know the ref wasn't exactly great otherwise but come on. The level of fury and misery after a good win here is something else.

For me, its more the offside that they checked but didn't show. Normally they are desperate to show the lines they draw. Luckily it didn't matter (apart from GD). Other than that it's a fantastic win

• Like 1

Fantastic performance and a fully deserved result, nearly ruined by some quite ridiculous officiating towards the end.

Controlled probably 80-90% of the game with some genuine quality. We’re a force, a real force. 

McGinn MOTM.

Emery just has that elite manager touch doesn’t he but some real class to go with it.

UTV   C’Mon

• Like 3

If it was another player I'd expect the ref to give FK to Martinez in that situation for the attacker barging into him. Not when it's Kane thou. Shouldn't have mattered either way since it was offside.

When are we ever going to get a penalty? We've had what, three all season?

Had very strong shouts for one about 4 matches running. No way Salah or Kane or Fernandes doesn't get a penalty for that tackle against Ollie in the first half.

• Like 1

If they gave that goal at end i would have broken my tv. I swear to god it was the most blatent referring trying to help one side ive ever seen.  Romero should have 7 yellow cards, teh pen was never a pen EVER. We had  a stronger case 1st half but of course  we were denied.

Despite these corrupt rocket polishers. What a performance!  Mcginn motm. He was outstanding! Mings and martinez also great

• Like 2

That was kind of sweet that last minute offside especially when you remember Son scoring the last minute winner when the ball went under Engel's foot. Instead of that quite annoying grin, we instead got the basset - hound look.

• Haha 2

Kane is a cheat, always has been. Run into Cash a couple of years ago, and cheated for another penalty.

BUT, on todays performance we are a better team, with a better future than Spuds.

They had plenty of the ball, but apart from Luiz almost giving a goal away, they never looked like scoring. Us on the other hand, with more composure and ability, hopefully coming in the summer, and we win that more convincingly.

McGinn MOM again, but the back 5 played well. Still not over convinced about Luiz, Ramsey is a key player. Bailey and Buendia imho need replacing. Watkins is Watkins. Can't fault him for his effort.

Think Kamara played well when he came on, he is going to be a very, very good player.

I think that was a big win today for potential recruitment.

Â