Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/05/23 at 22:59

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

In fairness, 6 subsitution "periods" should be an additional 3 minutes minimum and we had 2 second half goals, which should be 1 minute minimum.

So 4 minutes minimum added on without anything else - 6 minutes is probably about right.

This is spot on, could of even added more on if you take into account that there was a large number of offsides that were called back, once the free kick is given surely all of the football to follow before it was pulled back should be played again, in terms of time (hope that makes sense)

however many (almost all) other games I watch have several minutes less added than they should in my opinion, so when you see the match continuing well into the 98th minute today it is very annoying.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

This is the point at which contact occurred. Someone wants to explain why his legs have buckled like that?

B4D95281-1840-4941-B9A0-777525ABC89E.jpeg

He's tripping himself up to manufacture contact.

• Like 1

Martinez went down early and kane deliberately fell over him. No idea how that can be given as a pen. One rule for Kane.  It tarnished an otherwise perfect performance and if that penalty is the difference between European football all or not then double annoying.

Thought Luiz and Mcginn were excellent and Bailey gives us a different dimension 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He's tripping himself up to manufacture contact.

Yeah, I have seen plenty of genuine players jump over the keeper there.

Something else that needs to be looked at by Howard Webb, to easy to manufacture a penalty there, just fall over the keeper, although keeper has the right to be there, weather he gets the ball or not.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

As he always does. As they all do. It’s ruining football.

'They' probably 'all do', but somehow it's more objectionable when Saint Harry, the dimwit does. **** him and **** Tottingham. let's hope he leaves them this summer and they get relegated next. Jumped up words removed.

• Like 1

Whilst disappointing not to see out a clean sheet (and maybe grab a 3rd), we should be proud and I'm super pleased with the win.  Look at where we were and now where we are.  Both owners were at VP today to see the game and that confirms how much commitment they have to our development :flag:.  Sod you Spurs and sod you the top 4  - we're coming for you next year. 

Edited by trekka
  • Thanks 1

We played them off the park in the first half. We should have had a few more goals. I'd hate to finish behind them on goal difference/goals scored.

McGinn was obvious MOTM. He battled and battled, and showed some moves I didn't know he had.

JJ's finish was outstanding. He didn't have more than half a yard on his defender, who was still essentially in his face, and he scored anyway.

Young was canny.

The back line was outstanding. It's amazing how well they held their line for all the offsides given it was a 5-man line most of the game.

The tactics were interesting...Bailey operated essentially as a wing back for long stretches, as far as I could tell, as we were more of a 5-3-2 in defense in the first half. The second half turned on the subs. Kulusevski was dangerous and helped usher in the period when they had the upper hand. That period ended when Bailey went out and Kamara came into help steady the ship as we went back to more of a 4-4-2. After Kane's goal, in came Cash and we had a 5 man back line again, more of a 5-4-1 this time.

• Like 4

Â