Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/05/23 at 22:59

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I assume the 21% who didn't vote for John McGinn as man of the match didn't see the game😀 he was immense and head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. That is not to say our others players didn't play well though he was just simply that good today.

Haters are just gonna hate.

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

The role Mings played in maintaining the high line and marshalling the defence is probably what influenced some to go for him. Man of The Match is anyway a bit spurious when you have such a complete team performance.

In fairness mate  I think you could certainly give Mings a 9 today and probably every other player an 8 so I do get it. I just thought McGinn today set the whole tempo and was so influential and overall immense that it was a 10/10 performance from him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I thought Leon Bailey was excellent in that first - half. A lack of match fitness obviously told as the game went on, but he was well worth the entrance fee today. 

Big up, Leon!

I agree. It was his best performance for a while.

3 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

We now need 3 goals to make up for that single penalty, but we're being mega greedy not putting up dancing GIFs for 3 massive points.

But there are dancing gifs, at least two so far... (Mantis' classic Manchester scene spaced out raver gif and Nuremberg's magnificent happy animals jumping up and down jamboree gif).

I've got my own opinions on the penalty however I do think it would be given 90% of the time. I would love to see the offside call though. It looked offside but not seen it yet

Away from that. Not enought credit is given to our defensive line. It is so easy to get wrong but they do it so well. It's the attackers that get criticised for getting caught out time and time again but it's all down to the defensive organisation. We do need to get it spot on again against Liverpool or we will get caught out.

On the same subject, I get that the linesmen are instructed to hold off putting the flag up until the end of the phase of play to be sure but some of them were so blatant though. Not putting the flag up will result in someone getting injured or even getting sent off for play that should never happen.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC
Added about penalty offside

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm ordering the spiciest curry I can, then rubbing it in my eyes so I don't accidentally catch a second of Eurovision. 

Thought you was gonna a say rub it in your croch, for a very special night. 😂

48 minutes ago, robby b said:

But there are dancing gifs, at least two so far... (Mantis' classic Manchester scene spaced out raver gif and Nuremberg's magnificent happy animals jumping up and down jamboree gif).

Missed them, somehow; you are correct, sir.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm ordering the spiciest curry I can, then rubbing it in my eyes so I don't accidentally catch a second of Eurovision. 

Shouldn't you be stuffing the curry in your ears... it is a music competition after all?! 

55 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I've got my own opinions on the penalty however I do think it would be given 90% of the time. I would love to see the offside call though. It looked offside but not seen it yet

Away from that. Not enought credit is given to our defensive line. It is so easy to get wrong but they do it so well. It's the attackers that get criticised for getting caught out time and time again but it's all down to the defensive organisation. We do need to get it spot on again against Liverpool or we will get caught out.

On the same subject, I get that the linesmen are instructed to hold off putting the flag up until the end of the phase of play to be sure but some of them were so blatant though. Not putting the flag up will result in someone getting injured or even getting sent off for play that should never happen.

I thought in live play he was offside, but I was a long way from the action in block A2 in the Trinity. I would like to see it again on tv to see for sure. I doubt we will get shown that part though, and the pundit talk will be how clever Kane is to draw the penalty.

Â