Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/05/23 at 22:59

Anybody that still thinks that MOTD isn’t biased should surely change their mind after last night when the analysis was about our high line, that despite it working better than any other team that it will be figured out quickly.  Nothing really about us being by far the better team, Kane diving or much Villa positive.  It’s why I watch Sky Sports YouTube clips generally of games rather than the poor biased analysis from MOTD, not sure why I bothered again last night watching it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Anybody that still thinks that MOTD isn’t biased should surely change their mind after last night when the analysis was about our high line, that despite it working better than any other team that it will be figured out quickly.  Nothing really about us being by far the better team, Kane diving or much Villa positive.  It’s why I watch Sky Sports YouTube clips generally of games rather than the poor biased analysis from MOTD, not sure why I bothered again last night watching it.

Yep MOTD is gash. I watch it as the highlights are longer than the ones on YouTube. But I've found myself fast-forwarding the crap being spouted by the 'pundits' (we always watch it on iplayer on sunday) between games. They're so poor. And I don't know why Ian Wright thinks putting on a pair of Harry Potter glasses makes him look intelligent. He's thick as mince 

• Like 2

To me it's clear Martinez doesn't get the ball, Kane nudges it before he gets there.  However Kane then more or less collapses into Emi to "manufacture" the contact and make it look like a foul.   He does it a lot, and the refs fall for it a lot.  This ref initially didn't but then we had the contradiction of VAR taking three minutes to declare it might be a clear and obvious error, probably not even taking 3 seconds of the three minutes to check if might have been offside.  They then fail to spot or decide to ignore the manufactured contact.   PGMOL just embarrass themselves by saying it has to be clear and obvious and then taking an age to check it. But they don't care as long as they get the right decision - for the big 6.  The comparison of the Loris foul on Watson just screams corruption and bias.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nick76 said:

I'm not sure biased was the right word for Sat.

It wasn't good. I have a lot of time for Ian Wright, but his son was a little bit out of his depth, and Ian didn't seem himself. 

I had to laugh when they were talking about the high line. 'Soon teams are gonna find this out'. We've just won 6 on the spin at home, and are in top 4 form. At least one analyst at the clubs we've been playing might just have brought it up in a pre match meeting.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I'm not sure biased was the right word for Sat.

It wasn't good. I have a lot of time for Ian Wright, but his son was a little bit out of his depth, and Ian didn't seem himself. 

I had to laugh when they were talking about the high line. 'Soon teams are gonna find this out'. We've just won 6 on the spin at home, and are in top 4 form. At least one analyst at the clubs we've been playing might just have brought it up in a pre match meeting.

Not only that but teams like Liverpool have used it to great effect for years under Klopp.

• Like 1

I was watching the Sky 30 minute highlights programme of the Spurs game this morning. One thing that struck me and epitomised the remarkable change under Emery, was the lead up to the second goal.

At this stage we were starting to come under pressure from Spurs, who had realised that they were remarkably still in the game. We held the ball for 50 seconds passed the ball around the park probing both wings before they committed the foul that gave us the freekick for the goal. I think it was about 20 passes but a far way from the Villa of old when we would just have launched it when under pressure.

May Unai continue to weave his magic!

UTV

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Not only that but teams like Liverpool have used it to great effect for years under Klopp.

Was it 92 times we've caught teams offside under Emery? I guess every single one of those must've been a crap pass or bad run, couldn't possibly have been coaching 🙃 it really was dreadful punditry. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah in the  Villa 7-2 game we had their number, but most pundits were just saying how poor Liverpool were, not how great Villa played. The famous grass is too long quote from Sourness...

Always been that aura of negativity towards Villa with pundits. 

Edited by calcifer
  • Like 1

On 14/05/2023 at 20:55, Pongo's Socks said:

Yep MOTD is gash. I watch it as the highlights are longer than the ones on YouTube. But I've found myself fast-forwarding the crap being spouted by the 'pundits' (we always watch it on iplayer on sunday) between games. They're so poor. And I don't know why Ian Wright thinks putting on a pair of Harry Potter glasses makes him look intelligent. He's thick as mince 

Pity they couldn't have permanently suspended Lineker and all his mates, the MOTD show where they showed just highlights was much better.

Â