Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

16 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I really don’t like the collar, but other than that it’s fine

Yeah, dunno if it's the way the shirt is laid out or the cut of it, but the neck line is at a sharp angle and it plunges down. Anyone with a hairy chest will be wary of that! 

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yeah, dunno if it's the way the shirt is laid out or the cut of it, but the neck line is at a sharp angle and it plunges down. Anyone with a hairy chest will be wary of that! 

It could be the way it’s laying as you say, but the abrupt stop of the v neck looks unfinished to me. It’s not a bad shirt otherwise but that neck just looks odd. A bit different I suppose though.

IMG_3439.webp

On 11/05/2023 at 14:24, WallisFrizz said:

Does this look genuine?

Other than having the vertical stripe of this 2 years ago as the change strip, and it being our version of this years Newcastle 3rd it’s great. 

leftovers for dinner!

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Man, that sponsor is just horrendous looking. Cherry on top is that it's a shady ass gambling company too. What a shit show 

Thankfully the last gambling sponsor we'll ever have on the shirt. 

20 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Another third strip, this time based on 1878 strip.

spacer.png

That is *chef's kiss* @Teale's 'tache.

You're even making that horrendous sponsor logo look bearable.

Also using the lion without the shield mirroring the 1878 one is genius.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Would love it if we used the lion on its own like that for the third kit. 

It's also sexy a f

Would work with a narrative behind the kit too and put all this stole Chelseas lion bullshit to bed

On 12/05/2023 at 13:16, Teale's 'tache said:

Another third strip, this time based on 1878 strip.

spacer.png

Its not too bad but seems like a Rangers away jersey with colours and badge

On 13/05/2023 at 12:56, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

40 year anniversary to this beast

spacer.png

My first ever away shirt and purchased it myself out of pocket money for £5 from I'm sure it was Harry Parkes in Brum. Absolutely beautiful shirt which pains me not ever holding on to it. Still after an original for the collection.

On 14/05/2023 at 13:11, avfc1982am said:

My first ever away shirt and purchased it myself out of pocket money for £5 from I'm sure it was Harry Parkes in Brum. Absolutely beautiful shirt which pains me not ever holding on to it. Still after an original for the collection.

I recently bought a remake of that from a mate of a bloke who is often seen at games in retro shirts (good marketing ploy).

In all I've bought 4 off him; two hummel and two le coq....and the "coq" (kw) is stitched rather than made of that fuzzy felt material of the original which used to come off in the wash.

Not original and not cheap (about £45/£50) but great quality and better than the "score draw" brands the club shop used to sell.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2023 at 07:56, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

40 year anniversary to this beast

spacer.png

I do like the relative simplicity of the approach if not that exact one. Reminds me of this one ...

spacer.png

I know it's all just taste, but kits all seem laughably overly busy to me in 2023, worse than the 90s even. Too many patterns under patterns and overlays and "watermarks" and little pretentious ornamentations, like web pages with too much going on or Arcade Fire music or something.

Would love to see this kind of thinking in Villa ...

spacer.png 

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

On 12/05/2023 at 06:33, alreadyexists said:

It could be the way it’s laying as you say, but the abrupt stop of the v neck looks unfinished to me. It’s not a bad shirt otherwise but that neck just looks odd. A bit different I suppose though.

IMG_3439.webp

Ooh!   Eddie Lewis in the '96 or '97 San Jose Clash kit.  I saw them play in that a few times.  There were some horrendous decisions made in the first few years of MLS, and the Clash shirts were among the worst.

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Ooh!   Eddie Lewis in the '96 or '97 San Jose Clash kit.  I saw them play in that a few times.  There were some horrendous decisions made in the first few years of MLS, and the Clash shirts were among the worst.

Wow, amazing! Yeah the mid 90s were a lawless time for MLS! 

13 minutes ago, imavillan said:

as few teams have already revealed there new kit for next season does anyone have any idea when our new kit will be revealed?

It’s always stupidly late, like June/July time