Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

15 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Literally looks like a little kid with an old man's head 😂

It's funny because Monchi looks to be the same height but has adult proportions. It's a very weird picture.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's funny because Monchi looks to be the same height but has adult proportions. It's a very weird picture.

Yeah, I thought the same!

2 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Wasn't a big fan of that shirt until today, now I want it so bad.

Wonder if the home shirt will have Acorns on too.

Think it may only be for the away leg due to the Netherlands having a strict stance on betting sponsorship. Could be wrong though.

Edit: looking into it further it is indeed due to Dutch advertising regulations.

Edited by NorthEastVillan
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Think it may only be for the away leg due to the Netherlands having a strict stance on betting sponsorship. Could be wrong though.

Edit: looking into it further it is indeed due to Dutch advertising regulations.

We did something similar in the AZ Alkmaar game too.

Sound like Adidas are launching a 3rd tier for their national team kits, they're going to have a €150 shirt, €100 and now a €60

Nothing said on whether or not they'll do the same with clubs 

It's good but at the same time slightly depressing that they're doing us a favour and doing a "cheap" €60 shirt 

Bit like their boots. The X range has like 3 different versions ranging in prices. Exactly the same boot but laced, laceless etc. Not like the old days where you had the full blown predators for 120 quid and then the ones without the bobble bits on the front for like 45 and that was it. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Sound like Adidas are launching a 3rd tier for their national team kits, they're going to have a €150 shirt, €100 and now a €60

Nothing said on whether or not they'll do the same with clubs 

It's good but at the same time slightly depressing that they're doing us a favour and doing a "cheap" €60 shirt 

If Ajax is anything to go by, they only seem to have one tier of shirt available and I can't spot any different between what the players are wearing and the shirt I bought. No air holes or different textures like with Villa's current replica and pro versions.

Always liked the Lyon adidas kits from a couple of seasons ago and some of the River Plate stuff is nice, especially the double coloured sleeve training gear from this season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Very random, but just seen on LinkedIn that Castore have bought Umbro? ( Or Umbro Elite Teams ) Not sure if that is different to Umbro itself . Edit: " Team Sports License "

They must have some serious financial backing!

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/thomas-beahon-5553362a_betterneverstops-activity-7176816995571531776-pkSf?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android

Screenshot_20240325_223222_LinkedIn-min.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

On 08/03/2024 at 21:37, villaajax said:

If Ajax is anything to go by, they only seem to have one tier of shirt available and I can't spot any different between what the players are wearing and the shirt I bought. No air holes or different textures like with Villa's current replica and pro versions.

We will be the same as Ajax in terms of just a standard shirt, and not having the option of an authentic shirt.  Only 'top tier' clubs such as Real Madrid, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Juventus etc get that treatment.  I would be surprised if there will be a long sleeve option too.  Still we never had an LS option with Kappa or Castore (strangle enough Wolves do).

Â