Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

Having scrolled through this I just hope the BK8 sponsor is printed onto the shirt poorly so I can get it peeled off after a blast through the washer. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Yep fans really don't know what's best sometimes. Literally everyone of them concepts look like Chelsea kits mainly because of the badge... 

I was scoffing when other fans were taking the mick out of us saying we took Chelsea's badge, but when you first glance at these shirts, they look like Chelsea kits. The badge is way too close for comfort.

7 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Yep fans really don't know what's best sometimes. Literally everyone of them concepts look like Chelsea kits mainly because of the badge... 

Outside of the blue one not a single one looks like Chelsea?

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

While I quite like the badge close up in pictures etc, I’m not so keen on how it looks on the shirt itself. It does give a Chelsea vibe, especially if it’s monochromatic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

If we do manage to scrape Europe, let’s get a modern day version of this kit I loved at the time…

i was there  :flag:

on the topic of our kits potentially looking like chelsea, id be just as worried about them starrting to look like man city kits given their recent propensity for introducing claret into their kits 

On 09/05/2023 at 13:04, nick76 said:

IMG_1609.jpeg

Agree with those that like this one, it's got a great balance and looks really nice.  Will BK8 be happy to have their logo in any colour do we know?

I think the key though is the full badge sitting on a light background.

It makes both the badge and the lion stand out more. The dark outer ring and the lion get lost on the home shirt mock ups. I don't see how they're getting around that unless they make the gold border a bit bolder, but can't see that working either. Going to be a challenge for Castore or whoever it is that actually design the shirts. 

• Like 1

IMG_1627.jpeg

This is good. Would be better with a collar. I think gold lettering on any sponsor is best. It adds a nice contrast. The W88 sponsor we had a few years back was gold and other than the weird shoulders, that was a great look. Also, look at what a huge difference the gold outline around the badge makes, as well as the Umbro branding. I really wish we had Umbro too because they get the shade of claret just right. Umbro claret doesn't look hot pink in direct bright sunlight, it remains dark.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

IMG_1609.jpeg

I suggested an inverted claret and blue shirt on here a while back and got chased off by a mob with pitchforks! I'm glad people are seeing that it actually could be a cool away shirt or even a (slightly controversial) home shirt.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, maqroll said:

IMG_1609.jpeg

I suggested an inverted claret and blue shirt on here a while back and got chased off by a mob with pitchforks! I'm glad people are seeing that it actually could be a cool away shirt or even a (slightly controversial) home shirt.

If it was completely inverted on the same template it would reek of laziness but at the same time be the best way to do it

Don't think we've ever had it before have we? But I'm sure West ham have

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Why is everyone using the Cazoo sponsor? Won't it be that horrid betting sponsor?

Probably because it looks better than the shite logo of the supposed new BK8. I have to agree they look much better with Cazoo or even without a sponsor.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If it was completely inverted on the same template it would reek of laziness but at the same time be the best way to do it

Don't think we've ever had it before have we? But I'm sure West ham have

I can't recall them ever having done this. 

54 minutes ago, maqroll said:

IMG_1627.jpeg

This is good. Would be better with a collar. I think gold lettering on any sponsor is best. It adds a nice contrast. The W88 sponsor we had a few years back was gold and other than the weird shoulders, that was a great look. Also, look at what a huge difference the gold outline around the badge makes, as well as the Umbro branding. I really wish we had Umbro too because they get the shade of claret just right. Umbro claret doesn't look hot pink in direct bright sunlight, it remains dark.

I’m not certain, but I don’t think the “manufacturer” of our kits makes much of a difference right now in terms of nailing the shade of claret & blue. As long as we are still under the Fanatics deal, they are the ones actually producing our kits.

Surely the club have “official” shades of claret and blue - and if they don’t, they certainly will under the new brand launching in May (official colors are one of the most basic things about a brand). That being said, switching from Castore to Umbro (or whoever else) will do little to change the shirt colors, as long as the material of the shirts is still coming from Fanatics. 

• Sad 1

Â