Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

They have an away and 3rd too.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Just awful, all of them! 😂

Yup, sorry Noah but they are hideous. 

If the green was the right colour on the third kit it might be better, but looks more like a United shirt. A QPR away shirt and f*** knows what that home kit is. Madness

• Like 2

That BK8 sponsorship is truly horrendous on every level. I liked Cazoo, it was simple and not a gambling business. I know we can't have Acorns but jesus wept does it have to be evil AND ugly?

Looks so small time. They'd want to have been offered an eye watering amount of money to have accepted this monstrosity.

I was really looking forward to getting the first kit with the new badge but that's tempered my excitement quite a bit.

4 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

That BK8 sponsorship is truly horrendous on every level. I liked Cazoo, it was simple and not a gambling business. I know we can't have Acorns but jesus wept does it have to be evil AND ugly?

Looks so small time. They'd want to have been offered an eye watering amount of money to have accepted this monstrosity.

I was really looking forward to getting the first kit with the new badge but that's tempered my excitement quite a bit.

We don't know what it is but supposedly twice what the next highest non gambling sponsor offered. 

Assuming that was at least as much as cazoo (who give us 6m), it will be over 12m. Likely that we could have got a bit more than cazoo were offering too given our relative position compared with when we signed that, so maybe more like 15m.

They always look worse when you add a sponsor to them, but it's not an area we can cut back on with FFP rules the way they are, like we did with Acorns. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

The best villa kits for me are

80/81, 81/82, 92/93, 95/97. My personal favourite being 95/97. 

Love that concept away kit above with the reversed claret and blue. In GAA away kits are usually just the primary and secondary colours reversed so I have always wanted to see what a Villa top in that style would look like. 

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Best home shirt imo. I think it's the 80's vibe but it looks class.

Think this as a home kit. 

Then I always prefer a white away kit.  

Then the yellow or black as a third kit…I normally dislike yellow kits but this I quite like although can imagine it looks rubbish on a team, I think I’d go safe with the black one.  

I do go back and forth about having something a bit wilder as a third kit but have seen so many ghastly ones in the past it scares me off.

IMG_1641.jpeg

IMG_1639.jpeg

IMG_1640.jpeg

55 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Think this as a home kit. 

Then I always prefer a white away kit.  

Then the yellow or black as a third kit…I normally dislike yellow kits but this I quite like although can imagine it looks rubbish on a team, I think I’d go safe with the black one.  

I do go back and forth about having something a bit wilder as a third kit but have seen so many ghastly ones in the past it scares me off.

IMG_1641.jpeg

IMG_1639.jpeg

IMG_1640.jpeg

The home top looks fabulous tbh. The yellow looks like and Everton or Chelsea away, and the black is pretty cool as a third I suppose. What I do think is that the badge sitting central looks better imo. It will be offset though which is a shame.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

150 years old in 2024 so I expect 2 home kits next season and something magnificent to signify the event.

It would be nice to be influenced by the first kits...but the first few years after our inception are truly terrible. 

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Seeing these mockups makes me lament our choice of badge even more.

I'd love to see some of those kits with the other option we had for our crest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Seeing these mockups makes me lament our choice of badge even more.

Yep fans really don't know what's best sometimes. Literally everyone of them concepts look like Chelsea kits mainly because of the badge... 

• Like 2

Â