Jhon Durán

PieFacE

51 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Got some leap on him, won a couple of headers that he really had no right to. Still raw obviously, but looks to have some ability. Looking forward to see how he develops 

Its the ability in the air and his unpredictability that really excites me. If he can improve technically ( especially at running quicker with the ball) then he will be a huge threat. 

Tim Cahill / Ronaldo good in the air isnt he 

• Like 2

For a 19 year old who has just moved to the biggest league in the world he has an unbelievable amount of confidence. Love it and hopefully it will help him become the player it appears he has the raw ingredients to be. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

That shot at the end haha. Love him for trying but if they’d gone up the other end and scored from the goal kick I’d have been less impressed. 

Think Unai is using him exactly right.

Seriously ? That would potentially take them 2-3 ( minimum ) phases of play from the goalies restart for that to of happened . If Palace did that, i certainly wouldn’t be blaming Duran for a Hail Mary. A lot would of needed to go wrong by others in between. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Seriously ? That would potentially take them 2-3 ( minimum ) phases of play from the goalies restart for that to of happened . If Palace did that, i certainly wouldn’t be blaming Duran for a Hail Mary. A lot would of needed to go wrong by others in between. 

Oh right, I must imagine more experienced strikers taking it to the corner to waste time in injury time since seemingly there’s no need with all those phases of play to come after spanking a shot off :)

Edit: to be clear I’m not knocking him for it, I’d expect a 19 year old to do it. And this time in a year or so I’d expect him to have learned to take it to the corner and kill the game off in injury time. That’s the learning process, I’d much rather he had the confidence now than not.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I too found that shot really funny. Just like the one at City.

Be a sad day when they aren't funny, and I think it'll be coming soon.

He tries hard to impress, need more minutes I guess to calm down. Probably different circumstances can help as well.

I think Emery could be the perfect manager for him because he’s very detail focused, does a lot of critiquing of individual plays. He’s one of those where it could take a while, but he has some really good attributes.

The pace, aerial ability, physical power and shooting power are all elite level. Not sure about the touch, but he has enough I think to be a genuinely dangerous player at this level. Will just come down to decision making and how receptive he is to Emery’s coaching.

He seems to have a bit of a crazy innocence about him. In a Kodjia like way, in that I can see him being the type to always be positive and appear oblivious to any negativity in the stadium.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

On 05/03/2023 at 00:23, Johnnyp said:

True but if he takes that in to the corner the game ends there. Cant blame the kid for trying a shot though.

21 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It’s a shame that the Premier League no has whipping boys like Norwich or the old Fulham it would be the perfect opportunity for him to grab a goal.

True. Forest seem to be heading that way and Bournemouth are in terrible form. But neither of them are atrocious teams and have the ability to cause an upset if they get their act together. The bottom 8 places in the league are incredibly tight and you wouldn't expect to walkover any of the bottom half. You might think it's possible, and might expect to win, but it is unlikely to be comfortable. 

Hopefully we get ourselves into a position where we're 3 up against West ham with 30+ minutes to go. He could get a real chance to cause havoc then. 

• Like 2

Duran may well have a good future, but I still maintain that it was a mistake to send Archer out on loan rather than play him.

I prefer what I have seen from Archer to anything I have seen from Duran or Bailey.

• Like 1

He's a lucky boy getting to work with such an accomplished manager at his age. If the potential is real and his attitude is good Emery may take this kid to a level he may never have imagined. Most players never get this opportunity. Similar with the likes of Ramsey etc. A golden opportunity to learn from a great manager at a young age.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Duran may well have a good future, but I still maintain that it was a mistake to send Archer out on loan rather than play him.

I prefer what I have seen from Archer to anything I have seen from Duran or Bailey.

Your second point can be true AND it could still be the right long-term decision to have Archer spend half a season leading the line in a promotion-chasing Championship team.

• Like 3

Â