Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Your second point can be true AND it could still be the right long-term decision to have Archer spend half a season leading the line in a promotion-chasing Championship team.

Edit: Totally wrong thread ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Your second point can be true AND it could still be the right long-term decision to have Archer spend half a season leading the line in a promotion-chasing Championship team.

If we decide to augment Duran with another ready-to-play striker, we will lose Archer.

I just pray we don"t sell Cam .watching him at Boro and how his allround game is developing is great to see. Also  his strength to hold off opponents is getting freakish for his size. At the moment technically he would shape up positively compared to Jhon. Better dribbler   2 strong feet, more aware of his team mates. But Jhon would have the bigger ceiling being 2 years younger. I hope it isnt one or the other . I hope it is both of them next season. Watkins Archer and Duran with our money being spent on a wide forward winger type thingymijig.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I just pray we don"t sell Cam .watching him at Boro and how his allround game is developing is great to see. Also  his strength to hold off opponents is getting freakish for his size. At the moment technically he would shape up positively compared to Jhon. Better dribbler   2 strong feet, more aware of his team mates. But Jhon would have the bigger ceiling being 2 years younger. I hope it isnt one or the other . I hope it is both of them next season. Watkins Archer and Duran with our money being spent on a wide forward winger type thingymijig.

I'm in the unpopular camp where I'd rather invest in the rest of the team and keep  Ollie, Duran and Cam as our strikers.

We just need to improve the supporting cast and grab goals from all over the pitch.

I don't feel we need to spunk money on a " marquee" striker personally.

Duran and Cam have the ability to play in wide forward areas as well.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Cashing in on Archer while his value is high would seem sensible.

Duran is the better prospect by a distance and if we're adding a forward in the summer, we'll struggle to find room for everyone.

This makes sense and I also hate it at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the subject of Duran (back on subject) I know it is too late now, but Archer should have been filling the places Duran and Bailey are struggling with.

I am convinced he would have been getting goals. Also he is a very busy player, and would have been a nightmare for defences alongside Watkins.

• Like 1

Love the positivity surrounding this kid, nice to see fans extending the benefit of the doubt, though I was/am a bit surprised the club set themselves up to have him as our only remaining backup true striker. I wouldn’t welcome the circumstances, but I’d  be very curious to see how he could do as a starter.

22 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Love the positivity surrounding this kid, nice to see fans extending the benefit of the doubt, though I was/am a bit surprised the club set themselves up to have him as our only remaining backup true striker. I wouldn’t welcome the circumstances, but I’d  be very curious to see how he could do as a starter.

Assume it was one of the situations that forced itself on the club, rather than planned.

No certainty (or maybe even no expectation) that we'd sell Ings, but then a late offer came through that meant we'd be mad to reject it and the long term benefit far outweighed the short term pain.

Especially in the context of where we were in Jan. No hope of Europe, no real risk of relegation.

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm in the unpopular camp where I'd rather invest in the rest of the team and keep  Ollie, Duran and Cam as our strikers.

We just need to improve the supporting cast and grab goals from all over the pitch.

I don't feel we need to spunk money on a " marquee" striker personally.

Duran and Cam have the ability to play in wide forward areas as well.

It’s either keeping them or getting a new starter. It’s not worth it to get an average one. If we get a marquee one, we should sell Watkins then. We need to be careful when to buy or when to sell.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

It’s either keeping them or getting a new starter. It’s not worth it to get an average one. If we get a marquee one, we should sell Watkins then. We need to be careful when to buy or when to sell.

Exactly my thinking.

On 05/03/2023 at 00:44, gwi1890 said:

Anybody noticed the amount of cheerleading he does on the sideline when warming up🤣?

It's a very American thing. And I hope mroe of our players adopt it too. Our bench should be encouraging players and helping keep up the energy in the stadium. 

• Like 3

On 09/03/2023 at 16:28, thabucks said:

Without going further off topic selling archer is pure FFP profit so makes sense to sell this summer.

Selling a good player to give us FFP wiggle room to sign a good player?

We could just keep the good player in the first place...

Was lively. Just a shame he was a bit on his heels for that chance from the corner. Too many of our players seem to be in complete shock when opposition miss a header or kick and take ages to sort their feet out. It was a pretty good chance if he takes a touch.

Â