Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, useless said:

He's younger than the likes of Barry, Kesler, Iroegbunam, Aaron Ramsey and so on, for someone of his age just to be getting game time in the Premier League shows how higly we rate him, he's even younger than Chukwuemkea. And we know Emery doesn't just hand chances to youth players for the sake of it, and rightly so.

Is he not just getting game time because we have no other striking options?

• Like 1

No youngsters won't be given game time just for that reason. He's being given game time because we rate him very highly, hence the money we paid for him, and the fact that he's still with us whilst Archer sent out on loan.

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Is he not just getting game time because we have no other striking options?

We spent £18m on him, he’s not some kid from the Academy they’ve thrown in to make up the numbers.

18 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

We spent £18m on him, he’s not some kid from the Academy they’ve thrown in to make up the numbers.

Yes. A lot of money for a player his age.

Definitely one for the future, and you have to think the club know what they are doing.

My point is only that he does not look ready at this stage to be a starter for us.

49 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Yes. A lot of money for a player his age.

Definitely one for the future, and you have to think the club know what they are doing.

My point is only that he does not look ready at this stage to be a starter for us.

The good news is we have Watkins. 

41 minutes ago, Starscrem_Prime said:

Honestly can't wait for this kid to get he's first goal. Looking forward to him hopefully starting in some cup games next season.

I think he will go out on loan next season as we are bound to buy a new striker. He certainly doen't look anything close to Prem level yet, but he is one for the future and clearly has potential.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

would love to see him get a few starts before the season ends, or at least some longer 20-30 minute cameos 

When we have mathematically secured 11th then maybe so :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

He is a development player. Brought in due to his huge potential in the future . I see similarities with Diallo at Manure who is doing well on loan at Sunderland. They paid £37.2 million for him though.  Jhon has massive upsides to him in terms of attributes like his thunderous left foot and potential brilliance in the air  . And then he has other areas like his touch and running with the ball that need alot more work.  

He still is more likely not to work out as its in the stars alot of the time how players develop at this age. Zero guarantees.  Only one striker in the squad other than himself but he gets 10 mins here and there suggests that Emery isnt laying his hat on a potential young superstar. Probably got loads to learn in terms of tactics still. 

He might be on loan next season or he might make big strides over the next 2 months . Too early to say really.

Exactly the situation Carney Chuk is in. 

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it but I can't us dropping that money on him then loaning him out, certainly not in the summer window.  I suspect Duran and Archer will be with the first team squad from August until December then reviewed ahead of the January window.  I can see a case for keeping both in the squad all season with nine on the bench and five subs allowed. 

• Like 1

Â