Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Will he go out on loan next season? 

I can't see us keeping Duran and Archer next season, if Archer doesn't go out on loan again then i'd say Duran will.

I doubt it. Although he has to improve some of his attributes, Duran has not looked out of place when called upon. By the time the new season starts I'm sure he will be up to speed. 

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

It was a great strike....but,

to be a front striker, running the line, taking the knocks, week in and week out, being that target, like Ollie does, is a world of difference.....it takes experience and pitch craft.

Duran, is a huge potential, but he has much to learn, of what Ollie Does......a cameo, or a moment of magic, is great, but 90 minutes of hard labour, running the line, is a huge difference.

Oh they are completely different players, Ollie has loads of magnificent attributes which Emery is getting the best out of now.

That finish would not be typical of Ollie or Keinan Davis but more what Archeresque or what Ings was capable of.

That Duran has that sort of crisp ball striking ability along with his physical attributes is what makes him so promising. A good attitude and a willingness to learn the craft and he can have a very big future here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Oh they are completely different players, Ollie has loads of magnificent attributes which Emery is getting the best out of now.

That finish would not be typical of Ollie or Keinan Davis but more what Archeresque or what Ings was capable of.

That Duran has that sort of crisp ball striking ability along with his physical attributes is what makes him so promising. A good attitude and a willingness to learn the craft and he can have a very big future here.

At the end of the day, they rise or fall, but their goal scoring output...the numbers.

most players can be deemed as not the same, in their respective positions, but its the output that counts.

as an example....Rooney, Kane and Shearer, were all different, but yet all goal scorers, at the same time.....they all got judged on their scoring, how they did it, is cosmetic.

Edited by TRO

15 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I still maintain that the spin and powerful snapshot in the blink of an eye, he had in one of ( if not the first ) showing for us was a sign of some fearsome potential for me.

He has the basal attributes IMO... Just needs the right coaching and trajectory.

Ironically as noted above, he can actually learn alot from Ollie.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

The boy is learning his trade, his natural attributes have landed him, where he is, for us to build on.

some of those natural attributes are hugely encouraging, but he is not the finished article.

UE will be building him, with incremental tasks and information to fulfil that potential....that takes time,and perseverence...and he seems all in to that.

From what, I can see, he is also a quick learner, so, I am looking forward to a quality future striker.

He is clay on a potters wheel, I'm looking forward to a class piece of Denbyware.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Great finish, to score with that much precision showed great skill as the ball didn't arrive at him at a great angle, looked like it was almost going behind him, but still managed to adjust his feet and put power and accuracy into his shot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I doubt it. Although he has to improve some of his attributes, Duran has not looked out of place when called upon. By the time the new season starts I'm sure he will be up to speed. 

I dunno, he’s looked raw and over eager, both of which are entirely understandable but it could be a while before he really beds in.

8 hours ago, supermon said:

That was a good finish, love to see him get a goal in premier league soon.

One will come by end of the season. I'd have give him 20 minutes v Bournemouth personally but guess game was in the balance up to Buendia scoring near the end.

His age is when players can either stagnate or develop incredibly quickly. In terms of playing as a number 9 in the prem he has alot to learn. But the raw talent is there. Columbia are fast tracking him so they see potential.  We have bought him for 15 mill on the back of 3 months of starts at what is league 1  level so we see the potential. Emery will bring all the talent out of him no problem. 

Its his physical attributes that will help him try to make it . He has bits of Drogba about hiim with his athleticism and unpredictability .  its his ability in the air that is going to be a huge asset. He springs like Ronaldo 

We have just got to let him develop with no pressure. We all know there is a dearth of number 9s in football. Let him learn his trade with the best coaches we have ever had and see if he can be turned into an absolute monster. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He has bits of Drogba about hiim with his athleticism and unpredictability .  its his ability in the air that is going to be a huge asset. He springs like Ronaldo

So are we saying he's going to be a combination of Drogba and Ronaldo? I'll take it I guess.

On 28/03/2023 at 20:12, bannedfromHandV said:

I dunno, he’s looked raw and over eager, both of which are entirely understandable but it could be a while before he really beds in.

He has to be given opportunities.....players as young as him, was given those opportunites, years back and thrived as a result.

Until some of these players get first team chances, we will never know.

Â