Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Needs to start. People are finally realising how poor Bailey is. Duran looked a handful the other day and will be hungry for more game time. I'm keen to see him switch up positions with Ollie too to give defenders something to think about.

• Like 1

Give the lad time. He's talented for sure, but Bailey when he first came looked a world beater from the bench! I think at this point he is better playing against tired defenses as a sub. 

My expectations for him are very high, however he still needs time. Let him improve his English, get to know his teammates better, and get his fitness up. Then I'm sure he'll be ready to tear it up.

• Like 3

Yeah, I just want to manage expectations around him starting. He still might.

But Arsenal are one of the most effective teams utilizing the whole of the pitch and interchanging players. Duran is a talent but even Bailey still carries a significant defensive workload that has to stay switched on for his duration on the pitch.

Bringing him on as an impact sub to either come back or get something out of the game is still the most likely use for him.

57 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Sometimes you just need to be brave and throw a player in. Give him a start.

I get the sentiment but this ain't non-league, FIFA or 20 years ago. The game has changed and we have a football genius as a manager. These sort of passionate and reflex responses don't have a place really anymore, for better or worse. Duran for his potential as well also not like chucking on Rodrygo in the champions league who's one of the best young players in the world and already worth like £120 mil+. 

Duran will start when he's deemed ready

• Like 2

8 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I get the sentiment but this ain't non-league, FIFA or 20 years ago. The game has changed and we have a football genius as a manager. These sort of passionate and reflex responses don't have a place really anymore, for better or worse. Duran for his potential as well also not like chucking on Rodrygo in the champions league who's one of the best young players in the world and already worth like £120 mil+. 

Duran will start when he's deemed ready

Passionate and reflex responses? What I'm saying is, if he's good enough, forget about his age and give him a start. We've watched Bailey serve up tripe long enough.

Quite happy with him just coming off the bench and impacting the game that way at the moment. Can understand people calling for Bailey to be dropped on current form but will only take Duran a bad couple of games and people will be on his back.

I'd imagine towards the end of the season we will see him starting some games but i've liked what i've seen so far. 

I’d like to see him start as I think it sends a message to both him and Bailey. Durán has done well so gets the shirt. If he has a good game great, if not Bailey replaces him knowing that his place is in jeopardy and pulls up trees from the bench.

Or sulks and is still poor from the bench

I guess is depends how Emery handles the ‘your dropped’ conversation with Bailey in the first place. 

• Like 1

On 16/02/2023 at 11:25, burchy said:

I’d like to see him start as I think it sends a message to both him and Bailey. Durán has done well so gets the shirt. If he has a good game great, if not Bailey replaces him knowing that his place is in jeopardy and pulls up trees from the bench.

Or sulks and is still poor from the bench

I guess is depends how Emery handles the ‘your dropped’ conversation with Bailey in the first place. 

I'd be happy to see either Duran or Traore instead of Bailey tomorrow.

• Like 1

His run for the shot was a little odd, had all the space but seemed to push himself out wide before cutting in. 

I initially thought it was Bailey and wondered why he looked so slow.

It would have been epic had it gone in.

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

His run for the shot was a little odd, had all the space but seemed to push himself out wide before cutting in. 

Think he wasn’t sure which way Bailey would make his run so was keeping space from the defence.

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

I initially thought it was Bailey and wondered why he looked so slow.

It would have been epic had it gone in.

He needs to improve his control on his right foot. He tried to cut inside with his right but ended up just kicking it forward. 

Â