Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s very very raw

He is extremely raw, but also coupled with moments when you think  “ hang on a moment “ 

I would persevere for now tbh 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

He is extremely raw, but also coupled with moments when you think  “ hang on a moment “ 

I agree. Unless he’s got plans and wants to move on, no point keeping a player who wants to go. 

Only 19, and bags of potential, Harry Kane was on loan to Norwich City at 19… so JD could really go anywhere. I just hope he keeps his head and gets good people around him.

45 minutes ago, tinker said:

So direct,  plays with an arrogance that only certain strikers have. Caused Ajax real problems with how direct he was.

He played like Brobbey is hyped up to.

• Like 2

You might say he is raw has poor positioning but I see differently...

There is a hunger there to win. Also on the positioning thing Bailey made a run forward and was way out of position, Durán went immediately back to cover the vacant position. Sure maybe he was told to do so but it is part of the experience and his development.

Regardless of what you may think Durán was a constant handful for them. He will get better.

Would love to know the actual speed and power behind that shot. Even the slow mo was really fast. If he can build consistency behind that power he will be a huge threat. No goalie stops those kind of shots. 

He is absolute lightning. 

That steal from Sosa (was a foul I think) - he had absolutely no right to get anywhere near that he started a good 20 yards behind the defender and still got there. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I'd be amazed if we don't persevere. Potential is insane.

Last night was absolutely his best performance in a Villa shirt.   He looks like a guy who needs to play on the edge, I think if he chills out he might not be as the same player but he needs to find a way to channel the energy.  Physically he has everything, he has the pace and power which even the most cultured defender will struggle to deal with, Ajax simply couldn't handle him.  Getting him in the same team as Watkins is going to be difficult given our tactical identity and I suspect that's going to be the factor that determines Duran's long term future at the club. I do hope he can play a role during our run in. 

Scenes when Duran, Rogers, and Zaniolo have to start together because of injuries.

Will look like a UFC fight out there clattering the defenders. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â