Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Meh, we saw similar with Leon Bailey and Craig Butler at one point.

At the end of the day, he is contracted to us, and the boss is the boss.

He needs to just settle down and his time will come.

• Like 2

I'd have taken the Boehly money and run personally, so if this scuppers that it would be a shame. I'm sure he has potential, I just sense he isn't quite want Emery wants or needs, and we really have to go all in on Unai at this point. I may be talking nonsense however.

If Duran is out until April then I wouldn't be surprised if we're trying to bring in a striker behind the scenes, in fact I'd be surprised if we was not, we're trying to qualify for the Champions League, this might be the best chance we get in a long time, if Watkins gets injured and were to miss out because of not having a proper replacement we would seriously regret it, of course if we can't make something happen this late in the window then nothing we can do about that, he could have got injured the day after the window closes and nothing we would have been able to do then, but whilst there's a chance I think we will at least try

Emery did say that deals are difficult, but there are one or two possibilities, I presume one is Rogers, maybe the other is a striker

2 minutes ago, useless said:

If Duran is out until April then I wouldn't be surprised if we're trying to bring in a striker behind the scenes, in fact I'd be surprised if we was not, we're trying to qualify for the Champions League, this might be the best chance we get in a long time, if Watkins gets injured and were to miss out because of not having a proper replacement we would seriously regret it, of course if we can't make something happen this late in the window then nothing we can do about that, he could have got injured the day after the window closes and nothing we would have been able to do then, but whilst there's a chance I think we will at least try

Emery did say that deals are difficult, but there are one or two possibilities, I presume one is Rogers, maybe the other is a striker

Rogers plays up top for Boro. He is a striker.

No he's not. he's a No.10 or a left winger, the few times he's played as a striker for Middlebrough he hasn't done so in the sense that people think, it's basically a role where he drops very deep and plays more like a No.10, which is how Akpom was playing for them last season. Given the Duran injury situation and if we don't bring someone else in, it might be that he does end up playing as a striker for us, but that won't be why he's being signed, or why we're trying to sign, his main position will be deeper than a centre-forward, such as No.10, or a wide forward, as that's what's going to get the best out of his qualities, maybe some think because he's tall he's some sort of battering ram type player, but his best qualities are his vison and technical ability, and his ability carry the ball, I've said it before, but he's basically like a combination of Ramsey and Buendia, but obviously not as good as either

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

What would you say 'daft' would be in terms of a figure, @Tomaszk out of interest. 

~£40m.

I think if anyone offered us £40m, we just accept he could be worth a lot more one day and say thanks very much.

No doubt Emery is the best guy for him, hope he sees that soon enough. Jhon doesn't need firing up or motivating, he needs channeling.

We know for a fact he'll be given clear instruction on how to improve, how to help the team. When it clicks in his head shooting from 45 yards isn't part of those instructions we'll be getting somewhere.

There is time here to just wait. He'll become twice the player by maturing a wee bit.

He's very young and has all the daftness that comes with that. He's also a millionaire and perhaps doesn't have his eye on what he should right now.

Injury a real shame. We need bodies for fixture pileup.

• Like 1

Hopefully he gets back fit soon. We need him especially for Conference League. All that matters to me is clearly Emery trusts him enough to be bringing him on so often and he's won us points this season too. 

He seems like a real hothead, not sure it’s what we need in the squad.

Obviously he’s young and allowances have to be made but equally, we can’t afford to have disruptive influences in the squad, if of course he is or can be disruptive (largely conjecture at this point).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He seems like a real hothead, not sure it’s what we need in the squad.

Obviously he’s young and allowances have to be made but equally, we can’t afford to have disruptive influences in the squad, if of course he is or can be disruptive (largely conjecture at this point).

I don’t think it’s a huge problem in terms of having an effect on the rest of the squad, If he was older and disruptive and having a negative influence on younger talent like Gabby used to then maybe so but the squad in general seem very professional and will try their upmost to guide him it’s up to him to seize the massive opportunity in front of him now.

I have honestly never seen so much hype and media around a player who has done practically nothing for us. He is neither a flop nor a great success and has just played a bit part role for minutes as expected. I’m astonished there’s such a whirlwind around him. It’d be no different if there constant reports and speculation and endless Twitter chat around Calum Chambers or Donk. 

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

looks like we might be without Duran until April, with Zaniolo covering as striker if needed.

Not trying to be funny, nor would I ever wish injury on anyway.

However, if noises about him being difficult and wanting a move this window had any substance, you couldn't make up this irony and timing of his injury 🤦🏿‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Really productive attitude. 

Young players has his development stalled by injury - 'I don't care'.

🤷‍♂️

its his attiude of course im sorry for injury i meant if emery decided to get rid thats where my lack of sympathy  stands

7 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

no sympathy for him whatsoever

People are keen to point out the things like “bad attitude” “needs to grow up” But When I see comments like this I think those people need to take a long hard look at themselves.

• Like 1

Â